My PC is underperforming

alokrle

So i bought my pc december 24 2022 and because i was scared to build it on my own because they will cover the cost if something brakes i left it at the shop so they can build it for me the specs are:

16GB DDR4 3200mhz Geil CL16 orion black 1x

650w Sharkoon SHP650 V2 80 plus real power

Sapphire AMD NITRO+ Radeon RX 6600 XT

Intel i5-12400 Alder Lake

Gigabyte H610M H DDR4 rev1.3

Kingston NV2 NVMe 500gb PCIe

1TB Seagate BarraCuda SATA3

philips evnia 25m2n3200w 240hz

Samsung 60hz

I've done every possible optimizing technique I've found and didn't help at all valorant all low settings i have 160-250ish Frotnite performance mode 180-195ish league of legends 140-190 fps while my friend with 1660super and ryzen 5 5600x gets around 500-600 fps in valorant and 300 fps fortnite with performance mode same optimizations on both pcs and i've seen videos with same specs and much better fps btw I installed new windows 11 and same thing
P.S i restarted cmos

Did I see right, only one stick of Ram ? that's not great, no dual channel.

H610M doesn't sound great either, but it should be alright for a lower end system.

Other than that, the system seems fine to me.

Also I have some difficulty considering 160-250ish a problem but that might be me.

Edited by leclod

I'm willing to swim against the current.

9 minutes ago, leclod said:

Did I see right, only one stick of Ram ? that's not great, no dual channel.

H610M doesn't sound great either, but it should be alright for a lower end system.

Other than that, the system seems fine to me.

Also I have some difficulty considering 160-250ish a problem.

That's not the point here.... A person with a lesser specd system is getting 2x the FPS than what he is getting

1 minute ago, fade2black001 said:

That's not the point here.... A person with a lesser specd system is getting 2x the FPS than what he is getting

You're the second in a short lapse of time coming at me like this.

That's the point to me here. Your opinion isn't rightfuller than mine.

Using only one stick of DDR4 is a reason for underperforming, even if maybe not to that extent.

Just now, leclod said:

Using only one stick of DDR4 is a reason for underperforming, even if maybe not to that extent.

It's not an opinion that's the problem of the situation that is going on here. Do you not see this?

Using 2 sticks of RAM isn't going to give him double the FPS than what he is getting now though. In short he should be getting more than his friend.

1 minute ago, fade2black001 said:

It's not an opinion that's the problem of the situation that is going on here. Do you not see this?

Using 2 sticks of RAM isn't going to give him double the FPS than what he is getting now though. In short he should be getting more than his friend.

Using 2 sticks of RAM will give him more fps. That's my point.

If you've got a better idea feel free to contribute.

Just now, leclod said:

Using 2 sticks of RAM will give him more fps. That's my point.

If you've got a better idea feel free to contribute.

Yes it will give him more FPS  we are in agreement to that but It wont give him 2x+ the performance he's missing out on though

Just now, fade2black001 said:

Yes it will give him more FPS  we are in agreement to that but It wont give him 2x+ the performance he's missing out on though

I never wrote it would.

4 minutes ago, leclod said:

I never wrote it would.

So he still has a problem in the end that his system is underperforming still even if he had 2 sticks of RAM in it. Which is what I was getting at from the beginning

Clearing the CMOS also resets the memory frequency from XMP to base JEDEC specs. 

Having the games on a mechanical drive also lowers the performance a bit.

Overheating parts perform worse. Temperatures?

Latest Bios and drivers?

M.S.C.E. (M.Sc. Computer Engineering), Senior IT advisor in a hospital, 30 years of gaming, 20 years of computer enthusiasm, Geek, Trekkie, anime fan

• Main PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - EK AIO 360 D-RGB - Arctic Cooling MX-4 - Asus Prime X570-P - 4x8GB DDR4 3200 HyperX Fury CL16 - Sapphire AMD Radeon 6950XT Nitro+ - 1TB Kingston Fury Renegade - 2TB Kingston Fury Renegade - 512GB ADATA SU800 - 960GB Kingston A400 - Seasonic PX-850 850W  - custom black ATX and EPS cables - Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout - Windows 11 x64 23H2 - 3 Arctic Cooling P14 PWM PST - 5 Arctic Cooling P12 PWM PST
  • Peripherals: LG 32GK650F - Philips 226VL - Logitech G Pro X Superlight with Tiger Ice - HyperX Alloy Origins Core (TKL) - EndGame Gear MPC890 - Genius HF 1250B - Akliam PD4 - Sennheiser HD 560s - Simgot EM6L - Truthear Zero - QKZ x HBB - 7Hz Salnotes Zero - Logitech C270 - Behringer PS400 - BM700  - Colormunki Smile - Speedlink Torid - Jysk Stenderup - LG 24x External DVD writer - Konig smart card reader
  • Laptop: Acer E5–575G-386R 15.6" 1080p (i3 6100U + 12GB DDR4 (4GB+8GB) + GeForce 940MX + 256GB nVME) Win 10 Pro x64 22H2 - Logitech G305 + AAA Lithium battery
  • Networking: Asus TUF Gaming AX6000 - Arcadyan ISP router - 35/7 Mbps vDSL
  • TV and gadgets: TCL 50EP680 50" 4K LED + Sharp HT-SB100 75W RMS soundbar - Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 10.1" - OnePlus 9 256GB - Olymous Cameda C-160 - GameBoy Color 
  • Streaming/Server/Storage PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - LC-Power LC-CC-120 - MSI B450 Tomahawk Max - 2x4GB ADATA 2666 DDR4 - 120GB Kingston V300 - Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB - Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB - 2x WD Green 2TB - Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon R9 380X - 550W EVGA G3 SuperNova - Chieftec Giga DF-01B - Logitech G710+ - Roccat Kone Pure Military Desert strike - Logitech S-220

@alokrle What are your CPU and GPU temps? Do you see something eating up resources in task manager? Are you running at the same settings and same resolution as your friends? I don't think a 1660 super gets that many fps, you should recheck. Also, are you running with dual channel memory? If not, upgrading to dual channel will increase performance but not by double. Again, you should recheck your friend's settings and fps.

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

Also TC make sure you're actually running the game on your main GPU and not integrated. Make sure your system's power plan is set to full performance

15 minutes ago, 191x7 said:

Clearing the CMOS also resets the memory frequency from XMP to base JEDEC specs. 

Having the games on a mechanical drive also lowers the performance a bit.

Overheating parts perform worse. Temperatures?

Latest Bios and drivers?

temps are normal and the usage of gpu is around 60% cpu too

all drivers are up to date even bios

17 minutes ago, Gat Pelsinger said:

@alokrle What are your CPU and GPU temps? Do you see something eating up resources in task manager? Are you running at the same settings and same resolution as your friends? I don't think a 1660 super gets that many fps, you should recheck. Also, are you running with dual channel memory? If not, upgrading to dual channel will increase performance but not by double. Again, you should recheck your friend's settings and fps.

cpu and gpu temps are normal as of my research nothing is eating up my resources because ive optimized and i clean install windows the settings and the resolutions are the same and i'm not running double but i have only 2 ram slots is there any difference?

15 minutes ago, fade2black001 said:

Also TC make sure you're actually running the game on your main GPU and not integrated. Make sure your system's power plan is set to full performance

im running on main gpu i've disabled the integrated and i have full performance on power plan and amd software

39 minutes ago, leclod said:

i will try using two 8gb 3600mhz from a friend to see if there would be a difference

7 minutes ago, alokrle said:

temps are normal and the usage of gpu is around 60% cpu too

all drivers are up to date even bios

So you did re-enable XMP? Above 4G decoding and Resizable BAR?

M.S.C.E. (M.Sc. Computer Engineering), Senior IT advisor in a hospital, 30 years of gaming, 20 years of computer enthusiasm, Geek, Trekkie, anime fan

• Main PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - EK AIO 360 D-RGB - Arctic Cooling MX-4 - Asus Prime X570-P - 4x8GB DDR4 3200 HyperX Fury CL16 - Sapphire AMD Radeon 6950XT Nitro+ - 1TB Kingston Fury Renegade - 2TB Kingston Fury Renegade - 512GB ADATA SU800 - 960GB Kingston A400 - Seasonic PX-850 850W  - custom black ATX and EPS cables - Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout - Windows 11 x64 23H2 - 3 Arctic Cooling P14 PWM PST - 5 Arctic Cooling P12 PWM PST
  • Peripherals: LG 32GK650F - Philips 226VL - Logitech G Pro X Superlight with Tiger Ice - HyperX Alloy Origins Core (TKL) - EndGame Gear MPC890 - Genius HF 1250B - Akliam PD4 - Sennheiser HD 560s - Simgot EM6L - Truthear Zero - QKZ x HBB - 7Hz Salnotes Zero - Logitech C270 - Behringer PS400 - BM700  - Colormunki Smile - Speedlink Torid - Jysk Stenderup - LG 24x External DVD writer - Konig smart card reader
  • Laptop: Acer E5–575G-386R 15.6" 1080p (i3 6100U + 12GB DDR4 (4GB+8GB) + GeForce 940MX + 256GB nVME) Win 10 Pro x64 22H2 - Logitech G305 + AAA Lithium battery
  • Networking: Asus TUF Gaming AX6000 - Arcadyan ISP router - 35/7 Mbps vDSL
  • TV and gadgets: TCL 50EP680 50" 4K LED + Sharp HT-SB100 75W RMS soundbar - Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 10.1" - OnePlus 9 256GB - Olymous Cameda C-160 - GameBoy Color 
  • Streaming/Server/Storage PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - LC-Power LC-CC-120 - MSI B450 Tomahawk Max - 2x4GB ADATA 2666 DDR4 - 120GB Kingston V300 - Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB - Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB - 2x WD Green 2TB - Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon R9 380X - 550W EVGA G3 SuperNova - Chieftec Giga DF-01B - Logitech G710+ - Roccat Kone Pure Military Desert strike - Logitech S-220

@alokrle If you add another memory stick in the other channel, it increases memory bandwidth as now the CPU can communicate through 2 memory channels and not just 1.

Microsoft owns my soul.

1 hour ago, 191x7 said:

So you did re-enable XMP? Above 4G decoding and Resizable BAR?

yes i did

1 hour ago, Gat Pelsinger said:

@alokrle If you add another memory stick in the other channel, it increases memory bandwidth as now the CPU can communicate through 2 memory channels and not just 1.

will try but i dont think it will do much of a difference

@alokrle Dual channel memory definitely makes a difference, just not 2x I think. Again, can you recheck with your friend his settings, resolution, specs and the fps? Because that fps you said I think is a bit higher for the GPU he has but idk.

EDIT - Problem solved. As @wasab said, get RGB. RGB will at least give you 200 - 300 fps more. It makes absolutely a world of difference. I bet your friend also has some RGB, that's why he is getting that many fps.

Microsoft owns my soul.