Broadwell PCs available before Holiday Season

DavidTheWin

When is "holiday season"???

When holidays come.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Dissecting that comment we can assume that Broadwell will likely be made available in September or October of this year

From the article.

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Helloooooooooooooo Santa.... :D

:ph34r: a ninja never feels cold

Details separate people.

Damn americans and their stupid time measurements.

Yeah, tell me about it. I thought that oh great we have summer holiday coming up in a few weeks! And then I was like, oh they meant xmas holiday......

I know it would have not made any sense to have haswell refresh and broadwell at the same time, but as the timeframe was "before the holidays" I was thinking of the next holiday we have.

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

Yeah, tell me about it. I thought that oh great we have summer holiday coming up in a few weeks! And then I was like, oh they meant xmas holiday......

I know it would have not made any sense to have haswell refresh and broadwell at the same time, but as the timeframe was "before the holidays" I was thinking of the next holiday we have.

First I do agree with you and I am sorry for the misconception, but it's safe to assume that since Intel is a U.S. company that they will be going by U.S. holidays.

Again, I think they should have said a straight time frame rather than "holiday season", but they are probably trying to give themselves a bit of leeway on this if they have to delay it a bit.

First I do agree with you and I am sorry for the misconception, but it's safe to assume that since Intel is a U.S. company that they will be going by U.S. holidays.

Again, I think they should have said a straight time frame rather than "holiday season", but they are probably trying to give themselves a bit of leeway on this if they have to delay it a bit.

Yes, now I totally understand why they would give themselves a "loose" timeframe.

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

wait... what about haswell refresh... Why are they releasing soo many at one time???

If you guys read the original Intel message, there is no mention of these being LGA chips. Even if they are, there is no mention of them being available to be bought individually. The latest VR-zone leak suggests LGA broadwell chips would be available no earlier than Week 18-22 of 2015.

I am almost willing to bet the ones coming out this Dec will be mobile chips only.

Damn americans and their stupid time measurements.

Well I'm Canadian and holiday time usually means around X-mas to...

so if i save 50 dollars each month till xmas i could manage to buy a broadwell platform...