PC reboots after first boot of the day with new RAM

Go to solution Solved by simpsonfan409,

i turned off memory fast boot, which is part of my motherboards xmp profile, and now the pc boots normally again. was a shot in the dark, i don't know how it makes any sense to not skip the memory check in order to solve this problem, but i guess it's solved now.

i added another 2 sticks to my ram, cmw16gx4m2c3200c16, that's Corsair 16gb 3200mhz, 32 gigs in total now. exact same product as my old sticks. tomahawk max b450 and a ryzen 3600. bios is up to date. i found out that the pc boots without issues when i turn xmp off, but i want to use the full speed.

when i leave xmp on the pc shuts down, lights turn off, after 5-10 seconds it boots up again, this time into windows, all 32gb are available at full speed. i currently let MemTest64 run to see if there are any issues, so far nothing.

should i be worried about the strange boot behavior?

its the memory training but sounds like its not saving it properly, maybe cmos battery needs replacing, if you unplug or turn of at the rear pc or wall socket after use/end of day, try leaving that on/plugged in, see if it still does it, if not then could well be battery needs replacing

10 minutes ago, aledsav1 said:

its the memory training but sounds like its not saving it properly, maybe cmos battery needs replacing, if you unplug or turn of at the rear pc or wall socket after use/end of day, try leaving that on/plugged in, see if it still does it, if not then could well be battery needs replacing

but my bios settings stay saved, so i doubt it's the battery.

have you updated the bios? might have a stability issue on current bios that may have been resolved

or look at the dram voltages, on some boards i have had to manually set 1.35v on the memory when xmp is being used.

27 minutes ago, simpsonfan409 said:

i added another 2 sticks to my ram, cmw16gx4m2c3200c16, that's Corsair 16gb 3200mhz, 32 gigs in total now. exact same product as my old sticks. tomahawk max b450 and a ryzen 3600. bios is up to date. i found out that the pc boots without issues when i turn xmp off, but i want to use the full speed.

when i leave xmp on the pc shuts down, lights turn off, after 5-10 seconds it boots up again, this time into windows, all 32gb are available at full speed. i currently let MemTest64 run to see if there are any issues, so far nothing.

should i be worried about the strange boot behavior?

Memory training.... check to see if there's a memory context restore option in the bios.

Sometimes you are trading start up time for stability though , If you add 5 seconds onto your boot time you might have more stable memory.

CPU : Ryzen 7 7800X3D @ -18mv all core except -13mv on Core 5 because its a pig.

CPU Cooler : Deepcool AK620 Zero Dark

Mobo : MSI B650M-A Wifi MATX

Ram : 32GB (2X16GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000MHZ CL34

GPU : Reference Design RX7900XT sold by Saphire running at 1050MV undervolt and +15% PL (355w)

Storage : 1TB WD SN770 + 2TB Samsung 970 Evo

PSU : Corsair HX750w Platinum

Case : Asus Prime AP201 All Mesh MATX

Case Fans : Arctic p12's everywhere i can fit them in , 7 In total.

Monitor : LG 27GP850-B.BEK 1440p Nano IPS 180Hz

Keyboard : HyperX Alloy Core RGB

Mouse : Corsair M65 Elite RGB

Headset : Corsair HS35 Gaming Headset

So you try to run 4 sticks of Corsair RAM. They're mismatched that means you're mixing RAM even when the SKU is the same. What's the version number of each kit?

e42corsair_modelsticker.jpg.95d6074051396648f484d6801a36ebdb.jpg

2 hours ago, --SID-- said:

So you try to run 4 sticks of Corsair RAM. They're mismatched that means you're mixing RAM even when the SKU is the same. What's the version number of each kit?

e42corsair_modelsticker.jpg.95d6074051396648f484d6801a36ebdb.jpg

ver. 4.32 and ver. 5.32

i turned off memory fast boot, which is part of my motherboards xmp profile, and now the pc boots normally again. was a shot in the dark, i don't know how it makes any sense to not skip the memory check in order to solve this problem, but i guess it's solved now.

3 hours ago, simpsonfan409 said:

Is XMP enabled or does the RAM run at the default speed of 2133 MT/s?

3 hours ago, simpsonfan409 said:

ver. 4.32 and ver. 5.32

It's not exact the same, it's very different indeed. The 4.32 sticks have Samsung MIC, 5.32 is Hynix.

On 12/1/2023 at 6:29 PM, --SID-- said:

Is XMP enabled or does the RAM run at the default speed of 2133 MT/s?

It's not exact the same, it's very different indeed. The 4.32 sticks have Samsung MIC, 5.32 is Hynix.

it runs at full speed