Digital OS installs?

So, I've recently found these ton of websites that sell windows liscense keys, but digitally? The description of items states that it's emailed to you after purchase, and they are as cheap as 10 dollars. Would these work on a custom built PC, and how?

17 minutes ago, Waffle_paradox said:

So, I've recently found these ton of websites that sell windows liscense keys, but digitally? The description of items states that it's emailed to you after purchase, and they are as cheap as 10 dollars. Would these work on a custom built PC, and how?

These are what we call grey market sites. They may or may not be legit keys. They could be reselling keys that are purchased with stolen credit cards or keys that are not be sold at all like volume license keys. Some of these keys could be legit. But there are huge ethical concerns when dealing with these sites. The only 100% legit way to purchase Windows is via Microsoft.com or an authorized retail partner.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

After you install Windows, there's a place where you can enter a product key. The product key, a string of numbers and letters, is allegedly emailed to you after you buy from these services. These grey-market keys aren't entirely legitimate and can yield mixed results; a legitimate key is a safer bet.

They're legit. Check reviews from reputable tech folk on the matter.

There should be no "Ethical concerns" on it whatsoever as long as its for personal use. If you're running a business of some sort, otoh, you should probably buy it ?

There's tonnes of legit game key sites too, and they mostly work so.. :shrug:

I would say you are better off buying one legit Windows !0 or Windows 11 USB/License and then setting up your new PC with that which will tie into your Microsoft account.  With that done, you should never have to buy another license as it will carry over year after year with successive builds.  I am about to start another build now which will use my existing license from a MS license I purchased for Windows 7 back in 2009.  I simply make a Windows 11 boot USB from my existing PC, install and boom, the pain is gone.  Those grey market keys often work, but there is no guarantee.  A lot of people use them, but I would not.  If you want to save 120 dollars or more, then go for it; caveat emptor!