Bottleneck?

Haven_Alpha

What is the best GPU that I can buy without having a bottleneck on my ryzen 5 3600? I want something that can lock 240hz on FHD in Fortnite. I have a 650w psu.

...Maybe, what kind of settings are we talking, like ultra setting across the board not gonna happen, low competitive setting's sure a 3060ti or 6700xt should get in the ballpark, be able to peg it at 240 idk but definitely in the ballpark

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

Also there's no such thing as zero bottleneck, there's always a weak point, the goal is to balance as much as possible according to the software and games you use

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

31 minutes ago, Haven_Alpha said:

What is the best GPU that I can buy without having a bottleneck on my ryzen 5 3600? I want something that can lock 240hz on FHD in Fortnite. I have a 650w psu.

A Ryzen 5800X3D should be able to lock 240 on 1080p in Fortnite assuming the GPU is strong enough.

No GPU will make a 3600 do that.

M.S.C.E. (M.Sc. Computer Engineering), Senior IT advisor in a hospital, 30 years of gaming, 20 years of computer enthusiasm, Geek, Trekkie, anime fan

• Main PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - EK AIO 360 D-RGB - Arctic Cooling MX-4 - Asus Prime X570-P - 4x8GB DDR4 3200 HyperX Fury CL16 - Sapphire AMD Radeon 6950XT Nitro+ - 1TB Kingston Fury Renegade - 2TB Kingston Fury Renegade - 512GB ADATA SU800 - 960GB Kingston A400 - Seasonic PX-850 850W  - custom black ATX and EPS cables - Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout - Windows 11 x64 23H2 - 3 Arctic Cooling P14 PWM PST - 5 Arctic Cooling P12 PWM PST
  • Peripherals: LG 32GK650F - Philips 226VL - Logitech G Pro X Superlight with Tiger Ice - HyperX Alloy Origins Core (TKL) - EndGame Gear MPC890 - Genius HF 1250B - Akliam PD4 - Sennheiser HD 560s - Simgot EM6L - Truthear Zero - QKZ x HBB - 7Hz Salnotes Zero - Logitech C270 - Behringer PS400 - BM700  - Colormunki Smile - Speedlink Torid - Jysk Stenderup - LG 24x External DVD writer - Konig smart card reader
  • Laptop: Acer E5–575G-386R 15.6" 1080p (i3 6100U + 12GB DDR4 (4GB+8GB) + GeForce 940MX + 256GB nVME) Win 10 Pro x64 22H2 - Logitech G305 + AAA Lithium battery
  • Networking: Asus TUF Gaming AX6000 - Arcadyan ISP router - 35/7 Mbps vDSL
  • TV and gadgets: TCL 50EP680 50" 4K LED + Sharp HT-SB100 75W RMS soundbar - Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 10.1" - OnePlus 9 256GB - Olymous Cameda C-160 - GameBoy Color 
  • Streaming/Server/Storage PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - LC-Power LC-CC-120 - MSI B450 Tomahawk Max - 2x4GB ADATA 2666 DDR4 - 120GB Kingston V300 - Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB - Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB - 2x WD Green 2TB - Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon R9 380X - 550W EVGA G3 SuperNova - Chieftec Giga DF-01B - Logitech G710+ - Roccat Kone Pure Military Desert strike - Logitech S-220

What GPU do you currently have? If you use performance mode with lowest settings, Fortnite can get 240 fps average on a pretty modest GPU - a GTX 1070 can do it outside of drops from the bus or a rift.

However, good luck locking that with an R5 3600. There are always dips below 240 no matter what you do.

Why are people overly concerned with mega high framerates in fortnite , There's a post on here every couple of days referencing fortnite FPS.

CPU : Ryzen 7 7800X3D @ -18mv all core except -13mv on Core 5 because its a pig.

CPU Cooler : Deepcool AK620 Zero Dark

Mobo : MSI B650M-A Wifi MATX

Ram : 32GB (2X16GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000MHZ CL34

GPU : Reference Design RX7900XT sold by Saphire running at 1050MV undervolt and +15% PL (355w)

Storage : 1TB WD SN770 + 2TB Samsung 970 Evo

PSU : Corsair HX750w Platinum

Case : Asus Prime AP201 All Mesh MATX

Case Fans : Arctic p12's everywhere i can fit them in , 7 In total.

Monitor : LG 27GP850-B.BEK 1440p Nano IPS 180Hz

Keyboard : HyperX Alloy Core RGB

Mouse : Corsair M65 Elite RGB

Headset : Corsair HS35 Gaming Headset

AMD Unboxed could get 240Fps avarage on Fortnight, but you need a better cpu for 1% lows.

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti

2 hours ago, Haven_Alpha said:

just get the best gpu you are willing to buy. Dont bring bottleneck into the equation as its not relevant, you dont suddenly stop getting higher avg framerate when bottleneck starts until you are bottlenecked on every single frame. 

I would look into like a RX 6800

42 minutes ago, Bagzie said:

Why are people overly concerned with mega high framerates in fortnite , There's a post on here every couple of days referencing fortnite FPS.

Competitive gamers 

18 minutes ago, Bagzie said:

There is a certain group of people that conflate how many hundreds of FPS they get in competitive games with how well they are able to play.

1 hour ago, Ripred said:

Competitive gamers 

1 hour ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

There is a certain group of people that conflate how many hundreds of FPS they get in competitive games with how well they are able to play.

The problem being that, unless you are literally a professional eSports gamer playing against other professional eSports gamers, getting a locked 240fps vs getting "only" 150fps is not the reason that you would lose a game of Fortnite.

Saying that you need 240fps in Fortnite to play well is like suggesting that wearing standard Nike running shoes instead of the ones that Usain Bolt wears will cost you the win in a footrace - it's somewhat true at the top levels, but completely psychological at amateur levels.

Just now, YoungBlade said:

The problem being that, unless you are literally a professional eSports gamer playing against other professional eSports gamers, getting a locked 240fps vs getting "only" 150fps is not the reason that you would lose a game of Fortnite.

Saying that you need 240fps in Fortnite to play well is like suggesting that wearing standard Nike running shoes instead of the ones that Usain Bolt wears will cost you the win in a footrace - it's somewhat true at the top levels, but completely psychological at amateur levels.

And unfortunately marketing departments for these brands are fighting against this logic every day and winning. Kids watch their favorite Fornite streamer use the latest $1000 540Hz display and rave about how good it is, they believe they need it as well to compete in their pub matches. 

Ultimately no different than any other field... we're just ranting at this point. 😆