I think something is dead or dying and I don’t know what.

StonerNixon

I just purchased a new motherboard , CPU and GPU of new egg . Everything was working fine the first few days . I shut it down for the night and booted it up the next day and windows log in was so laggy that it froze. I started playing around seeing what was broken. 

Eventually I nuked windows and my game harddrive thinking it was a virus . I tried different ram sticks , and it was still freezing.. after re installing windows I didn’t notice anything for a few hours . I got done re installing games , and then it froze again but for like 10-15 seconds . No mouse movement or anything.

I was re configuring OBS when I noticed these black bars ( pictured below) appearing on my screen but only when I moved my mouse. 

please someone help while I’m still under return policy and can maybe get this figured out. 

IMG_8670.png

IMG_8668.png

IMG_8667.png

IMG_8669.png

Display issues usually stem from gpu, display cable or display itself. You can try switching cables/output/input/monitor to see if it replicates. If it still happens regardless of cable/monitor/output/input that points to gpu.

As far as freezing - usually a drive issue or a driver that becomes unresponsive.

3 hours ago, Whatisthis said:

Display issues usually stem from gpu, display cable or display itself. You can try switching cables/output/input/monitor to see if it replicates. If it still happens regardless of cable/monitor/output/input that points to gpu.

As far as freezing - usually a drive issue or a driver that becomes unresponsive.

I had a nvidea audio driver go missing , and I had to re download it . That’s what started to is entire thing. I was missing sound for my pc bit had video through the hdmi . So I reinstalled the driver. Things started to be reaaaaallly laggy and freezing. So I reinstalled windows thinking I had a virus. And the problem still persists after a windows install . I freeze on the log in page for about 15-40 seconds.

running core I5 11400f and a rtx 3060. That amount of lag shouldn’t be happening . It didn’t when the parts first arrived. 

Download DDU. Restart in safe mode and run it. DDU uninstalls all display drivers. 

Restart and reinstall display driver. You have some kind of a driver conflict happening. This should fix it.

I swapped to an old gpu and all issues were gone . So I started leaning towards PSU issues. I swapped those and now things are working fine . I also DDU two times for the swapping and swapping back of GPUs. Things seeeeeem to be fixed . Still a little laggy . But now I can enter windows without it freezing.