IPv6 and Xbox Series X use and configuration

goblin5

Hello All,

I have been pulling out my hair trying to figure out this IPv6 thing on Xbox Series X. Maybe this should go in the networking section but my router is giving an IPv6 address out to my network. I just can't set it in "IP Settings" on my console. My internet provider is Comcast/Xfinity. I have 1200Mbps service. My modem is an Arris Surfboard S33 and the router I'm using is a TP-Link AX11000. So my problem is that the Xbox is receiving an IPv6 address as it is showing up in "Advanced Settings". Actually It is receiving both IPv4 & IPv6. So I've read that I can prioritize IPv6 on Xbox by going into Network Settings> Advanced Settings> IP Settings and clicking on Manual, then inputting the address I need. IPv6 is not showing up in IP Settings section when I click on Manual. IPv4 is the only thing showing up in there. Maybe I'm misinformed but that's what I read to do. Is there something I'm missing here? I'm sure there is more information needed but this is where I am at the moment. This may or may not help with gaming speeds. I just want to know if IPv6 is being used on my console and if not what I can do to fix it. Thanks in advance.

goblin5

Anybody? There is no getting anyone at Microsoft/Xbox support on the phone it seems. I only get AI crap no matter what.