Pocket Bikes

Opcode

I've recently got interested in the hobby of owning a pocket bike. I am curious as to how many people here actually own one? I am debating on purchasing either the Blade or the Raptor (known as the Lucky7) from MPR.

For those who don't know what a pocket bike is.

mini-bike.jpg

And yes, these bikes are made and imported from China. Tho they are really cool for only $300.  :P

I prefer real bikes...

| CPU: AMD A8 | MOBO: MSI 7778 | GPU: Asus GTX 650Ti | Case: Corsair 200r |

| SSD: PNY 120gb | HHD: WD Blue 1tb | PSU: Cooler Master 750W |

| peripherals: Corsair Vengeance M65 & Razer Black Widow Ultimate |

I was about to buy the GP R-SR, but you need to know that the shipping is just under $60, and you have to be able to prep the 2-stroke oil and gas. They're great bikes. 3 years ago I had the cagllari. I still do but I never use it. I got it to do 50mph heavily modded, but you get what you pay for. It is flimsy and will need upgrades here and there. But all in all they are really fun to have

I think it all depends how big you are, I can't ride it because it's too small.

The 110cc pit bikes and monkey bikes are a bit bigger I can ride on them but I don't like it.

There was a massive craze of people buying those here a few years back, many police cars with a mini moto in the trunk where morons try to ride it on the street lol.

The type of bike I'd buy to have fun off road is similar to this trusty Yamaha DT125, very good machines and you can find them real cheap second hand here.

DT_125.jpg

I prefer real bikes...

I don't even wanna know your definition of a "real bike", this thread isn't about your rice burner.

I was about to buy the GP R-SR, but you need to know that the shipping is just under $60, and you have to be able to prep the 2-stroke oil and gas. They're great bikes. 3 years ago I had the cagllari. I still do but I never use it. I got it to do 50mph heavily modded, but you get what you pay for. It is flimsy and will need upgrades here and there. But all in all they are really fun to have

Yeah, that's all I am looking for with it is cheap fun. Watching my girlfriend trying to get on it is worth at least half the price.  :D

I don't even wanna know your definition of a "real bike", this thread isn't about your rice burner.

93 shovelhead super glide. Thank you very much. 

When I feel like playing and having fun I ride my 250 KTM SX. 

But sorry, nobody cares about those. 

| CPU: AMD A8 | MOBO: MSI 7778 | GPU: Asus GTX 650Ti | Case: Corsair 200r |

| SSD: PNY 120gb | HHD: WD Blue 1tb | PSU: Cooler Master 750W |

| peripherals: Corsair Vengeance M65 & Razer Black Widow Ultimate |

93 shovelhead super glide. Thank you very much. 

When I feel like playing and having fun I ride my 250 KTM SX. 

But sorry, nobody cares about those. 

Nope, nobody cares. I own a few bikes, regardless they aren't what this topic is all about.

I have something similar.

I have something like this, just a different bike but same setup

motorized_80cc_bicycle_moped_motor_bike_

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.

There are cheaper ways to look like a buffoon.

There are cheaper ways to look like a buffoon.

Really? Where?  :huh:

Nah seriously tho, these aren't kids toys once the governor is removed. A new NGK plug and tuned pipes do push them to the point of riding wheelies and doing 45+ MPH.

Really? Where?  :huh:

Nah seriously tho, these aren't kids toys once the governor is removed. A new NGK plug and tuned pipes do push them to the point of riding wheelies and doing 45+ MPH.

Are they adult toys then?  :unsure:

I'd get a unicycle or air-trekkers or something. $300 into more/better weed.

Are they adult toys then?  :unsure:

I guess they are intended for both, more targeted towards adults buying them for their children. Yet they can get up and go even with full grown adults on them.  :P

Well you'll look like an asshat if you're not a kid anymore.. Me and my brother bought one when we were younger and many injury's occurred on that damned fine piece of fun, since they really are a bit much for younger kids.. (I did find it in storage a little while ago and tried riding it around and it was still plenty quick, but I looked incredibly stupid and I received all sorts of funny looks riding it.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

I have a little 50cc one outside in the shed...It runs I think but needs a new transmission. I will get a picture if I ever get a chance. 

Well you'll look like an asshat if you're not a kid anymore.. Me and my brother bought one when we were younger and many injury's occurred on that damned fine piece of fun, since they really are a bit much for younger kids.. (I did find it in storage a little while ago and tried riding it around and it was still plenty quick, but I looked incredibly stupid and I received all sorts of funny looks riding it.

Whole point of buying and riding one.  :P

I have a little 50cc one outside in the shed...It runs I think but needs a new transmission. I will get a picture if I ever get a chance. 

Do you know what it is?

Whole point of buying and riding one.  :P

Do you know what it is?

nah some off brand thing I got at a yard sale like 2-3 years ago for 200 dollars...Thought I could fix it up but yet have to get around to doing it. 

When I was in college I really wanted a pocket bike to run around campus with. Never got one though.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro