School wifi not working anymore on linux.

So i am trying to use ubuntu on my school wifi but everytime try connecting it just keeps loading and then after a while it disconnects me again at first i thought it was something wrong with my wifi chip but windows does work on it and then i thought maybe its because of using linux but my friend uses it and it works for him so im looking for someone that might know a way to fix this problem

Do you have to log into the network with a user name and password, or is it just a regular old WPA2 password?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

1 hour ago, Needfuldoer said:

Do you have to log into the network with a user name and password, or is it just a regular old WPA2 password?

No its just wpa2 password

ive also tried different linux os but all did the same

First go to your school tech person and see what they can do. If that doesn't work, continue reading. Login to a school computer and see if it's connected to a hidden WiFi network. If so, see if the computer lets you access the SSID and credentials for the hidden network. Then try connecting your Ubuntu computer to the hidden network.

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

19 hours ago, LloydLynx said:

First go to your school tech person and see what they can do. If that doesn't work, continue reading. Login to a school computer and see if it's connected to a hidden WiFi network. If so, see if the computer lets you access the SSID and credentials for the hidden network. Then try connecting your Ubuntu computer to the hidden network.

thanks but we all have our own laptops on school