The "YouTube Video and Audio Downloader (WebEx)" plugin downloads slowly

kacper6768

I use the "YouTube Video and Audio Downloader (WebEx)" plug-in in the Firefox web browser, but videos from YouTube are downloaded slowly.

spacer.png
48,5KB/s
Normally, data downloads over the Internet at a speed of 2,4 MB/s
I use 64-bit Windows 10 Pro 22H2 and the latest 64-bit version of Firefox.

YouTube is a streaming platform, not a download platform. There's no reason for them to provide more bandwidth to a single connection than is typically needed to stream the content at the selected quality.

Just as your download speed has a limit, so does their upload speed. And they need to share that between millions of people watching videos. So they'll generally be limiting bandwidth for each user to the minimum possible.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

9 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

YouTube is a streaming platform, not a download platform. There's no reason for them to provide more bandwidth to a single connection than is typically needed to stream the content at the selected quality.

Just as your download speed has a limit, so does their upload speed. And they need to share that between millions of people watching videos. So they'll generally be limiting bandwidth for each user to the minimum possible.

Yup.

Downloading from streaming sites is pretty much always slow, no matter how you go about it.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Seems the plugin isnt tricking the site in proper loading the video and has entered the slow buffer state. Its why desktop ones based on yt-dl work best as they do download at max speed and can multithread