Mouse recommendations - best overall for non-FPS gamers

Planet

Hey all,

I am looking for product recommendations for a new mouse. I have been surprised to find some difficulty in finding a good high-end mouse that isn't oriented for FPS gaming these days -- e.g. 'superlight', ambidextrous form factor, honeycomb, etc. I don't play any FPS's beyond a casual level anymore, and I would rather have other quality of life features.

I prefer a mouse with:

• lots of extra buttons, and with a body somewhat larger for my big hands.
  • Thumb and pinky rests are also appreciated but not required.
  • I prefer some weight in my mouse too, and I'm not really interested in honeycomb shells or superlights.
  • As for sensors, most everything these days has plenty of DPI and polling rate to satisfy my needs with those.
  • 2.4GHz wireless with low latency preferred, but I'm willing to entertain wired options.

Basically all of these desires are the antithesis to the way the gaming mouse industry has been going, so I've been having trouble finding good options.

Here are some past mice I've had

• Corsair M90 Wired (my favorite all-time)
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired
  • Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless
  • Corsair Dark Core Wired

I am willing to spend as much as necessary to get what I want, as long as it has a good reputation for durability. So far, the option I've found that fits me the best is the Corsair Darkstar. But I'm interested in learning about some lesser known options if they exist.

I universally run G604s. That is at 4 unique desks. the six thumb buttons are rad AF, GHub isn't a resource hog, and the battery life is LONG
I have chonker hands
I still have my first 604 from 2020. Bought used and run it on my main rig. Rock solid, zero problems. 
well....... Okay, there has been one problem (beyond hair getting into the sensor but I'm a hairy dude and I have two huskos) is that sometimes when there has been some fuckiness with the computer (swapping with a KVM or some weird OS update that causes an out of norm boot) the clicks get doubled. In order to fix that I have to pick up the mouse, flip the switch off, flip the switch on, and I'm back up and running with no issues. 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

MX Master 3s — comfort, bolt connection, customizability

ad infinitum