Rtx 4090 prices

JioFunny
Go to solution Solved by Shimejii,
5 minutes ago, JioFunny said:

I see.. so you think it will not actually get better or as good as it was on September right? Thank you.

A used 4090 is actually a good option. I wouldn't mind.

Yeah i dont think Nvidia wants the 4090 to go down in price since 2025 is what most people are guessing the 5090 launch will be (unless its like a december 2024 launch for it) so they want to be able to milk as much of it as possible. Nvidia does not want to lower pricing if they dont have to. If the 4080 super has 5% more cuda cores and drops into the 1200$ slot, the 4080 will either stop production completely and just sell it out at a 1100$ reduce price or MAYBE 1000$. But the 4080 Super wont be much faster at all, so its not really worth waiting for it.

Hello,

I just wanted to ask the community here. Will rtx 4090 prices ever drop again eventually perhaps in about 2-3 months or will they stay the same/keep on increasing until 5090 is out? 

I ask because I have no idea how the market works or how it has responded to similar situations in the past.. so maybe someone that is experienced can somewhat tell how it will go.

I am obviously interested in a 4090 but I am never going to spend 2k on one. 1600 is my limit. I have the budget but I don't like it when I am being ripped off. And gpus already overpriced. 

Honestly if prices are going to stay this high then I am simply going to go for a 4080. They are still within normal prices in my country, although, not for long I guess.

At the same time.. is it worth it going for a 4080 when super is coming out January? So February I should be able to find a 4080 100-300 cheaper right?

I don't know it feels like a very bad period to buy a GPU.

Some advice would be greatly appreciated.

11 minutes ago, JioFunny said:

Hello,

I just wanted to ask the community here. Will rtx 4090 prices ever drop again eventually perhaps in about 2-3 months or will they stay the same/keep on increasing until 5090 is out? 

I ask because I have no idea how the market works or how it has responded to similar situations in the past.. so maybe someone that is experienced can somewhat tell how it will go.

I am obviously interested in a 4090 but I am never going to spend 2k on one. 1600 is my limit. I have the budget but I don't like it when I am being ripped off. And gpus already overpriced. 

Honestly if prices are going to stay this high then I am simply going to go for a 4080. They are still within normal prices in my country, although, not for long I guess.

At the same time.. is it worth it going for a 4080 when super is coming out January? So February I should be able to find a 4080 100-300 cheaper right?

You should be able to find a 4080 for 1200 usd iirc

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

1 minute ago, Failure 101 said:

You should be able to find a 4080 for 1200 usd iirc

You are right. I can. But.. not interested if 4090 will eventually drop again. And I am building my pc piece by piece. Should be ready on February. So I could literally leave GPU as the last part of prices going to be better later.

1 minute ago, Shimejii said:

Buy a used one. You will not be able buy one at 1600 as long as NVIDIA decided to ramp down production and limit distribution 

I see.. so you think it will not actually get better or as good as it was on September right? Thank you.

5 minutes ago, JioFunny said:

Yeah i dont think Nvidia wants the 4090 to go down in price since 2025 is what most people are guessing the 5090 launch will be (unless its like a december 2024 launch for it) so they want to be able to milk as much of it as possible. Nvidia does not want to lower pricing if they dont have to. If the 4080 super has 5% more cuda cores and drops into the 1200$ slot, the 4080 will either stop production completely and just sell it out at a 1100$ reduce price or MAYBE 1000$. But the 4080 Super wont be much faster at all, so its not really worth waiting for it.

Hold on, I will ask my crystal ball if Nvidia will reduce the price on the 4090 in the next few months
image.png.2956cee5ba65dd879568f76d5e77f969.png

Oh... well, that's divination for you. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. Nobody here knows anything about this.

It has been a bad time to buy a GPU in the last couple of years, it's nothing new, really.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

47 minutes ago, JioFunny said:

Hello,

What are you talking about ??? 2020-2021 was a really awful period for getting a GPU, now it has settled back mostly, with inflated prices like mostly anything else...

And the RTX4090 is only GPU which has an increasing price recently because of the trade bans from the USA to China on hi end GPUs, plus NGreedia  price manipulation around

If you can cash $1600 for a RTX4090, you can also cash $1800 then, the only "fair" price is the one you got, then it's your call to decide if it has enough value

And really noone really "needs" a 4090, you'll have very good performance with  a 4080, Super or not, or 7900XTX at $1000-$1200

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

20 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Hold on, I will ask my crystal ball if Nvidia will reduce the price on the 4090 in the next few months
image.png.2956cee5ba65dd879568f76d5e77f969.png

Oh... well, that's divination for you. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. Nobody here knows anything about this.

It has been a bad time to buy a GPU in the last couple of years, it's nothing new, really.

Bro even had a picture ready 💀😂😂..

Thank you though. 

Thanks everyone. I go check for some used 4090s. 

1 minute ago, PDifolco said:

What are you talking about ??? 2020-2021 was a really awful period for getting a GPU, now it has settled back mostly, with inflated prices like mostly anything else...

And the RTX4090 is only GPU which has an increasing price recently because of the trade bans from the USA to China on hi end GPUs, plus NGreedia  price manipulation around

If you can cash $1600 for a RTX4090, you can also cash $1800 then, the only "fair" price is the one you got, then it's your call to decide if it has enough value

And really noone really "needs" a 4090, you'll have very good performance with  a 4080, Super or not, or 7900XTX at $1000-$1200

Yes I know what you mean. I agree. I meant a bad period.. because.. even the cheapest rtx 4090 model just hit 2k in price.. so it is no more 1800.. and 4080 super coming out soon.. so just from this point of view a bad period.

"And really noone really "needs" a 4090, you'll have very good performance with  a 4080, Super or not, or 7900XTX at $1000-$1200"

That is a bold statement. 🙈

2 hours ago, JioFunny said:

Yes I know what you mean. I agree. I meant a bad period.. because.. even the cheapest rtx 4090 model just hit 2k in price.. so it is no more 1800.. and 4080 super coming out soon.. so just from this point of view a bad period.

"And really noone really "needs" a 4090, you'll have very good performance with  a 4080, Super or not, or 7900XTX at $1000-$1200"

That is a bold statement. 🙈

Where are you living ? In Europe with the added 20%VAT, 4090 are between 1800 and 2000EUR, with price not really moving since months, and maybe +50EUR recently 

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

On 11/17/2023 at 5:15 PM, PDifolco said:

Nonsense.   They're artificially increasing prices again - there's no fanatical phase (like crypto) to take advantage of this time so they have to invent something else.   Prices on most cards went up and now the 4090s are not as available or the price skyrocketed.   If I was the OP, I'd wait til 'holiday discounts' or wait until the 50 series is released - then, it might go down a bit.