2 in 1 laptop recommendations

Ryzza5

G'day friends

After some unsuccessful research I thought I'd check for any community recommendations for a 2 in 1 laptop/tablet (with stylus).

Used with 2 separate Windows accounts, heavy browsing (lots of tabs), YouTube, and video editing in Davinci Resolve.

For that reason I'm looking for something with the following specs or better:

* AMD Ryzen 7 7x40HS, 7x35HS, or 6800 preferrable for performance/efficiency/battery. I could be convinced to go Intel if enough other boxes are ticked.

* 32GB RAM (everything seems limited to 16GB which is not enough for me)

* Screen resolution greater than 1080p, 13" or 14"

* 1TB or 2TB SSD but can replace if needed

* Available in Australia for under $2,000 AUD (during Black Friday) but the closer to $1,000 the better.

* Reasonable quality of materials (chassis, screen, speakers, touchpad, etc) for someone who is moving away from an old Apple MacBook Air

The closest I've found is by Lenovo but they don't have anything with more than 16GB of RAM.

If it turns out I have to wait another year then I'd rather do that than purchase something I'd be unhappy with.

TIA

I don't think anyone can really tell the future so if you're going to wait, you'll probably be waiting forever as there will always be something better around the corner. Are none of the Lenovo's upgradable? Throwing in more RAM can be a cakewalk.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

It's not about waiting for something better, just waiting for certain minimum specs to be available in that form factor and within budget.

Lenovo RAM is soldered, comes in 8 and 16Gb varieties only for now.

Idk what the new surface pro variants are up to in specs but they are lovely devices to use from my experience.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

ASUS Flow x13?

Don't know about pricing for you, but you can maybe find older gen models at cheaper pricing too now.

Any particular reason for the 2in1 design? Do you expect to need the stylus for specific work or digital art, or merely note-taking, convience?

Laptop (on lap, so MS Surface not a great design) and tablet (note taking and placing discreetly on a lectern during presentations) would be some use cases. 

A pen/stylus is a nice to have to keep fingerprints off or when working with small Excel cells.

Thanks for the ASUS tip, unfortunately the only model with 32GB of RAM is paired with a pricey Nvidia GPU which I don't need.

If the addition of the gpu and cost for the Flow is a bit much, you might try looking at this:

ASUS Vivobook S 14 Flip OLED 14" 2.8K Touch, R7 5800H, 16GB, 1TB SSD, W11H, Blue TN3402QA-DS76T (adorama.com)

Not sure what availability is like in Australia, or if they've changed things between model revisions, as ASUS loves to do, but the one I can find in review here, has an accessible RAM slot, so you could upgrade to higher capacity (though giving up some dual channel performance for some of it)

13-14" is a hard size to find anything with user upgradable RAM though, especially with higher end CPU's which often end up paired with a GPU.

Thanks, unfortunately the asus website says up to 16gb ram on that module.  I've had a few unexpected expenses so am less likely to pursue a laptop this year but will keep an eye out.