Corsair RGB connector on a ARGB header (ASUS motherboard)

andreimelo

I just bought 3 corsair fans "Corsair Corsair Icue Sp120 Rgb" and I plugged in the RGB connector to my ARGB header on the motherboard. Leds are turned on, but I can't control the colors in Aura Sync. Is it necessary to buy some kind of adapter? Because the connector it's kind of loose.

55 minutes ago, andreimelo said:

I just bought 3 corsair fans "Corsair Corsair Icue Sp120 Rgb" and I plugged in the RGB connector to my ARGB header on the motherboard. Leds are turned on, but I can't control the colors in Aura Sync. Is it necessary to buy some kind of adapter? Because the connector it's kind of loose.

Corsair uses their own pinout for aRGB. You'd need an adapter cable to make them work on a standard header.

56 minutes ago, andreimelo said:

Define "loose".

Can you take a picture showing the connector on the header?

5 hours ago, andreimelo said:

if u put the Corsair 4pin ARGB on the "open stanard" ARGB header on the Motherboard it wil be loose, very loose. 

8 hours ago, NorKris said:

if u put the Corsair 4pin ARGB on the "open stanard" ARGB header on the Motherboard it wil be loose, very loose. 

DuPont dose not fit on stander argb header... the pins are too thick.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

37 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

hehe ye never tested it xD 

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

tested: works (but abit loose)

14 hours ago, NavyCobra1417 said:

Define "loose".

Can you take a picture showing the connector on the header?

Here’s my ARBG header connected to the RGB wire of the corsair fan. 

0434763B-BD53-48BB-AD55-922A38EFDFE5.jpeg

24BEED95-8EAD-45FB-9862-7A7C34EB9746.jpeg

8130FE3A-A7EC-4A4A-BB28-1BDED536CAD3.jpeg

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

Actually it's opposite way, the pins are too thin, so they loose the connection.

5 minutes ago, NorKris said:

tested: works (but abit loose)

Can you control the rgb lights with your motherboard app?

Hey, you're not supposed to connect RGB to ARGB. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

11 minutes ago, andreimelo said:

Can you control the rgb lights with your motherboard app?

the thing his.. the data wires is not in the correct spot for u..  

u might get power and ground, but not the signal for color change 

4 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Hey, you're not supposed to connect RGB to ARGB. 

he didnt

Just now, NorKris said:

the thing his.. the data wires is not in the correct spot for u..  

Do you think that this adapter would do trick?

I think I'll just buy corsair node. 3 fans alone were cheaper than the 3 fan kit (I didn't see that it would also come with a node), I did a huge mistake.

D_NQ_NP_982896-MLB50818557139_072022-O.webp

2 minutes ago, andreimelo said:

Do you think that this adapter would do trick?

D_NQ_NP_982896-MLB50818557139_072022-O.webp

they will work. u can even slit the signal before those to add even more ARGB devices

7 minutes ago, NorKris said:

he didnt

What do you mean? That's a 4-pin connector plug attached to a 3-pin ARGB header. The plugs are labeled RGB. What am I missing?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

2 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

What do you mean? That's a 4-pin connector plug attached to a 3-pin ARGB header. The plugs are labeled RGB. What am I missing?

corsair does not make RGB 😛 

1 hour ago, RevGAM said:

If it was a rgb plug it wouldn’t turn on since RGB is 12v and ARGB is 5v. If it was the other way around, it would burn the leds.

edit: thanks for all of your replies! 

1 hour ago, NorKris said:

corsair does not make RGB 😛 

Sure they do... did?

SP120 RGB Elite is RGB. 😀

33 minutes ago, andreimelo said:

If it was a rgb plug it wouldn’t turn on since RGB is 12v and ARGB is 5v. If it was the other way around, it would burn the leds.

edit: thanks for all of your replies! 

Well, actually (and my memory of electronics is really fuzzy after so many decades), that would be like a brown out so, in theory,  it would work but not be bright. 

8 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Sure they do... did?

SP120 RGB Elite is RGB. 😀

aaaaa-rgb 😛 

6 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Well, actually (and my memory of electronics is really fuzzy after so many decades), that would be like a brown out so, in theory,  it would work but not be bright. 

correct, a light blue color

18 minutes ago, NorKris said:

aaaaa-rgb 😛 

When did they start making the RGB Elites ARGB?

19 minutes ago, NorKris said:

aaaaa-rgb 😛 

correct, a light blue color

I am getting all colors, depending if apply force to te socket it randomly chooses its color

9 minutes ago, andreimelo said:

I am getting all colors, depending if apply force to te socket it randomly chooses its color

The looseness is because the standard ARGB pins are thinner than Corsair's. How the brightness?

5 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

The looseness is because the standard ARGB pins are thinner than Corsair's. How the brightness?

I don’t know if they are brighter than this, but I’ve found them quite bright. From the picture above you can have a glimpse.