iMac 27” 2015 “restarted because of a problem” boot loop

Go to solution Solved by WarsawWarrior,
14 hours ago, Applefreak said:

Your HDD might be bad. I've had the same issue, replacing it is quite difficult. A solution would be to boot your system off an external SSD (I use a 3.5" external case for a 2.5" SSD because it has it's own wall adapter, the USB port on those older MACs are a bit limited when it comes to power delivery).

Disconnected the SSD (replaced the HDD a year ago) after removing the display, now it’s working normally going to internet recovery mode so macOS got really screwed up in the SSD I guess 

I have an iMac 27” 2015 that keeps boot looping with the same message ”restarted because of a problem.” The Apple logo shows for a split second with the loading bar at 0% and then it restarts with the error message. I have tried PRAM / NVRAM reset and tried different RAM. I assume it’s a hardware issue. Any one else see this happen??

Hopefully you’ve got a backup. Can you boot it into recovery? Plug the keyboard in and hold CMD-R (or CMD-Option-R for internet recovery) as you turn it on. You can run some disk diagnostics and reinstall macOS from there. 

1 hour ago, seanondemand said:

Hopefully you’ve got a backup. Can you boot it into recovery? Plug the keyboard in and hold CMD-R (or CMD-Option-R for internet recovery) as you turn it on. You can run some disk diagnostics and reinstall macOS from there. 

Sorry forgot to mention that regular and internet recovery mode do not work either

26 minutes ago, WarsawWarrior said:

Sorry forgot to mention that regular and internet recovery mode do not work either

Your HDD might be bad. I've had the same issue, replacing it is quite difficult. A solution would be to boot your system off an external SSD (I use a 3.5" external case for a 2.5" SSD because it has it's own wall adapter, the USB port on those older MACs are a bit limited when it comes to power delivery).

7 hours ago, Applefreak said:

I can’t even boot into recovery mode though to reinstall macOS on anything, would a usb installer work?

14 hours ago, Applefreak said:

Disconnected the SSD (replaced the HDD a year ago) after removing the display, now it’s working normally going to internet recovery mode so macOS got really screwed up in the SSD I guess