Should i get the NZXT H6 Flow?

Kiverix

Hi.

I have been planing on buying pc parts for my first build and found the NZXT H6 Flow case. for my 1200€ (EUR) budget, it seems to fit quite well in it, but is it worth buying? I've seen a couple videos and reviews about it, but i just can't decide on weather to go for the H5 or the H6...

I plan on getting an i5-12600KF paired with a RX 6750XT.

Thanks for the advice.

i'm a french boy

| Intel Core I5-12600K | GIGABYTE RTX 4060 8Gb | 16Gb DDR4 Corsaire Vengeance LPX C16 3200MT/s | Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb Storage |

Depending on your preference, if you prefer to have white esthetic and pair with NZXT AIO CPU cooler, it does look very nice

IMO NZXT is a bit on the more expensive on the cost perspective, but it's not a bad PC case

And you may need to buy some more PC fans for rear, and bottom (optional) since it only has 3 preinstalled on the front side

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

And Laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 for mobility

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

First of all, you need to ask your self, do you prefer form or function first? We all like it to look cool, but for a budget to mid tier build, there would be some sacrifices. Do you like it to look a certain way or do you want to maximize the performance per budget/dollar. As a case in itself, it's easy to built on, looks good and functional. the price is also isn't that high, it's decent. But that's also the point, function-wise, there are other cases that's around $50-70(€45-65), which are almost half the price of h6, that would perform just the same. For example montech x3 mesh, msi mag forge, thermaltake s200 to name a few, you get the idea. You really just need a case with mesh front or side and if possible, included with more than 1 fan.

For function/performance built first. Personally, I would adjust to get a cheaper case. The extra 40-70, I would rather add it on the cpu to get a 12600k/13400. If possible always go with a cpu with igpu. Another tip, ddr4 and ddr5 on 12th/13th/14th gen intel barely any significant difference performance wise but some times double or at least 75% higher in price. So just go with a ddr4 ram and motherboard. Also check the pricing of 6700 xt vs 6750 xt and just get whichever is cheaper.

If you like the way it looks I say go for it!

looks like a decent upgrade in terms of aesthetics and airflow over the H5.
And the only case I would directly compare it to off the top of my head is the Lian-li 011 dynamic mini, and personally I really like the "hybrid design" or whatever NZXT is calling the H6 flow more than just the shrunken dual chamber.

Vaporwave: 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d / Powercolor Red Devil RX 7900 XT / Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P / Kingston fury beast 32GB / WD_Black SN770 1tb / Samsung  970 evo 1tb / Corsair RM850x / Cooler Master ML360 v2 / NZXT H9 Elite / Vizio m422i-B1  / Steelseries x Destiny 2 Arctis 1/ GMMK Pro+GMMK Num Akko Lavender/ Steelseries x Destiny 2 Rival 5

I agree with @kitnoman. I'm also concerned that the H6 might have the proprietary connector system, although I couldn't confirm that. If you don't mind being kinda locked into their ecosystem or having to buy extra parts to add non-NZXT stuff, that's your choice. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂