Help between 2 cases

AleksiDj73

Hello everyone, i am in the market in buying a new case for my computer since the case i have is like 13 years old lol and i've had 2 options so far and i don't know which one to choose so i came here to ask for a bit help.

The 2 options i have are the following

CoolerMaster CMP 520 ARGB (Don't get confused with the 520L variant)

and

Kolink OBSERVATORY HF GLASS ARGB

Personally i don't really care about having 6 preinstalled fans on the Kolink one lol as my PC ain't WOW nor gaming but i wanna get a good case that will last a while. All i want is a good airflow, good build quality and overall a good case. I don't mind losing a front USB because the Kolink has 2 USB 2.0 and 1 USB 3.0 but the CoolerMaster got 1 USB 2.0 and 1 USB 3.2

But yeah, what would you guys choose and why?

And please do not suggest any other cases than those, thank you!

Edit: I also got a Corsair CV650 PSU that has a height of 150mm and the CoolerMaster has a clearance of 160mm, is that fine? Kolink has 180mm

cant read the Kolink web site cant tell if it has mesh or a solid front so i guess cooler master. but its just a case at that price point wont gent anything good.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

5 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

cant read the Kolink web site cant tell if it has mesh or a solid front so i guess cooler master. but its just a case at that price point wont gent anything good.

There are 2 variants of the Kolink, a glass and a mesh and the particular one i told you has a glass front. I searched for the mesh one in my area but they don't have it at a good price, only the white variant but i want it black.

And personally at that price range i just want a good case and nothing to blow my head off and that's how much i can spend.

So CoolerMaster it is?

FORGOT TO MENTION PRICES OF EACH CASE HERE

CoolerMaster 63 euros and Kolink 52

2 hours ago, AleksiDj73 said:

FORGOT TO MENTION PRICES OF EACH CASE HERE

CoolerMaster 52 euros and Kolink 63

i would go the coolermaster then. unless there other case with mesh front... in your price range.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

8 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

i would go the coolermaster then. unless there other case with mesh front... in your price range.

I mean there are plenty of mesh cases out there lol but i just wanted to narrow things type on a somewhat good quality case that will last me a good while but nonetheless thanks for helping me 😄

50 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

Also sorry again, i had put the prices the wrong way, 63 the CoolerMaster and 52 Kolink

I would choose the CM as is probably going to have better airflow. The Kolink has the front fans behind glass. Yes, there are vents on either side, but it appears that those vents are behind the fans, and I can't tell if they choke the airflow. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

On 11/11/2023 at 3:33 PM, AleksiDj73 said:

Kolink OBSERVATORY HF GLASS ARGB

Do you have the option to get the OBSERVATORY HF MESH version. It seems a bit better, because the top surface of basement shroud is more perforated. I figure this would allow more air towards the GPU. Cooler Master case only has vents at the area above the power supply.

On 11/11/2023 at 3:33 PM, AleksiDj73 said:

I also got a Corsair CV650 PSU that has a height of 150mm and the CoolerMaster has a clearance of 160mm, is that fine? Kolink has 180mm

You don't want to avoid bending cables 90 degrees. Chances are you may be able to go over/around or pass through the drive cage. You have to watch review videos to see if this is possible when the spacing is this tight. It's more likely the drive cage are rivoted in place for lower end cases.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

3 hours ago, RevGAM said:

I would choose the CM as is probably going to have better airflow. The Kolink has the front fans behind glass. Yes, there are vents on either side, but it appears that those vents are behind the fans, and I can't tell if they choke the airflow. 

It probably chokes the airflow lol

1 hour ago, alyen said:

Do you have the option to get the OBSERVATORY HF MESH version. It seems a bit better, because the top surface of basement shroud is more perforated. I figure this would allow more air towards the GPU. Cooler Master case only has vents at the area above the power supply.

Only 1 store has the mesh version but it's 70 euros and a bit out of my budget. Plus as i can see from the price history, legit a month ago that case was 49 euros😐

1 hour ago, alyen said:

You don't want to avoid bending cables 90 degrees. Chances are you may be able to go over/around or pass through the drive cage. You have to watch review videos to see if this is possible when the spacing is this tight. It's more likely the drive cage are rivoted in place for lower end cases.

I'll have a look at it for sure, i ain't done with the reviews yet lol