How much heat can this tower cooler handle?

SushiWarrior Ron

Look at reviews like this one for better info https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/10304/pccooler-gameice-cpu-air-coolers-k4-k6-and-g6/index.html.

240w on its own doesn't really give the info needed, like CPU temp, CPU model, ambient temp, if its in a case, and more. But it seems from the review its cooling about 240w without issue. 

Tdp on amd and intels sites means very little so better question what cpu do you wannna use?

5 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Tdp on amd and intels sites means very little so better question what cpu do you wannna use?

Maybe I was considering that i7 13700k

22 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Look at reviews like this one for better info https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/10304/pccooler-gameice-cpu-air-coolers-k4-k6-and-g6/index.html.

240w on its own doesn't really give the info needed, like CPU temp, CPU model, ambient temp, if its in a case, and more. But it seems from the review its cooling about 240w without issue. 

Mybe a 13700k, if ambient temps is like room temp, like 25 or 26.

is it just me or like isnt there a like a watt reading on that test? 

2 hours ago, SushiWarrior Ron said:

Maybe I was considering that i7 13700k

For that money a thermalright peerless assasin 120 is a far better option

This one will most likely not do that

1 hour ago, SushiWarrior Ron said:

Mybe a 13700k, if ambient temps is like room temp, like 25 or 26.

is it just me or like isnt there a like a watt reading on that test? 

The watt rating doesn't really matter as there are too many variables. It should be able to keep a 13700k reasonably cool for most uses.

13 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

The watt rating doesn't really matter as there are too many variables. It should be able to keep a 13700k reasonably cool for most uses.

Ty for the help 🙂 I did not read like all of the test before now
91c at 198w load in a room with 21c and open air test bench

I was thinking the 240w TDP was abit too good to be true

I doubt it can cool it well enough. You're better off choosing a stronger cooler. TR Phantom Spirit or Frost Commander,  DC AG/AK620, bq! Dark Wings Pro 4, and a few others. Are you going to overclock?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

To me that cooler looks like it could barely take 140, let alone 240 😄

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

43 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

I doubt it can cool it well enough. You're better off choosing a stronger cooler. TR Phantom Spirit or Frost Commander,  DC AG/AK620, bq! Dark Wings Pro 4, and a few others. Are you going to overclock?

Ok thank you for some recommendations there 🙂 

If I can pick a cooler that allows me to learn some overclocking, I think I would like to try that

42 minutes ago, freeagent said:

To me that cooler looks like it could barely take 140, let alone 240 😄

Are you talking like watts ? It was what I was thinking 😆

1 hour ago, SushiWarrior Ron said:

Ok thank you for some recommendations there 🙂 

If I can pick a cooler that allows me to learn some overclocking, I think I would like to try that

In that case, look at AIOs, too.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

If you click on the option for dual tower version with 2 x 130mm fans it might be effective enough, but not the single tower version. Looks like only one left and its probably returned as used from someone reviewing it saying parts were missing.