I Can't Believe I STILL Have This Issue After Upgrading, Yet Here I Am... πŸ™„πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ I Would Like Your Thoughts & Input, Though πŸ‘‡

Hard to believe that my last post here was only a little more than a month ago, & yet it feels longer than that to me. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜‚ Anyway, I feel like I can definitely use your help on this matter, guys cause I can only theorize/speculate. Without further ado, let's just jump right in.Β 

Β 

Okay, so, a little more than 2 years ago, I made a forum post/topic about the artifacting issue I was having on the gaming rig after I had to swap the motherboard as part of the troubleshooting process. [You can look at that post, but I stated a few things in correctly in it, but it will still give you a ballpark idea of what was going on then.] Anyway, I have an update on that: Just yesterday, I upgraded from the RTX 2070 SUPER that I had to a brand new RTX 4070 Ti "thinking" that the issue was related to the GPU itself. But after I got it in, booted up the rig & upgraded my driver via GeForce Experience, I still have that same issue! πŸ™„πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ [Also, for anyone wondering, I DID use DDU to uninstall the old driver first. And, essentially, nothing about the setup has really changed aside from having a i7 10th Gen now, & being on Windows 11.]Β 

Β 

I looked at a few of my posts I made in the past related to this issue to refresh my memory before I made this one, but I've given the matter some thought & have a possible theory as to what could be going on. I would however, like your input on this just as confirmation though. Based on my experience that I've had with this so far over the last couple years, I'm thinking that the issue most likely is with the Displayport cable that I've had since the beginning. Because I visually inspected the 2070 SUPER, & upon a close but careful inspection, I'm not seeing ANY visual damage to the pins & there is nothing wrong with the IO on the card itself. Unfortunately, the Display port cable that I've been using which came with my monitor is the only 1 I've got, & I even went as far as to check the end that was plugged into the GPU & to my eyes, I didn't see any evidence that it was damaged or anything. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ But then again, I don't have any of the proper tools to evaluate that sort of thing anyway given that I've never had any background with IT, nor worked in like a tech repair shop or what have you.

Β 

Still, I would like some opinions/thoughts/advice on the matter. Is there anyway I can check or validate for myself that the issue is with the cable, or just for the heck of it, should I purchase a new one, try it out, & see if that helps? πŸ€”Β  In the meantime, though, I'm open to other suggestions & advice that you guys would have, but please, view & read that previous post I alluded to first! Also, for anyone wondering, I updated parts list & the pcpartpicker URL on my profile. Like always- if you guys need extra details or if you have any questions, just feel free to comment or message me & I will get back to you all 1 by 1. πŸ™‚πŸ‘

Β 

Β 

Anyway, thanks in advance to whomever can help! πŸ™‡β€β™‚οΈ

Β 

Β 

Edited by Kjennings92

6 minutes ago, Kjennings92 said:

Hard to believe that my last post here was only a little more than a month ago, & yet it feels longer than that to me. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜‚ Anyway, I feel like I can definitely use your help on this matter, guys cause I can only theorize/speculate. Without further ado, let's just jump right in.Β 

Β 

Okay, so, a little more than 2 years ago, I made a forum post/topic about the artifacting issue I was having on the gaming rig after I had to swap the motherboard as part of the troubleshooting process. [You can look at that post, but I stated a few things in correctly in it, but it will still give you a ballpark idea of what was going on then.] Anyway, I have an update on that: Just yesterday, I upgraded from the RTX 2070 SUPER that I had to a brand new RTX 4070 Ti "thinking" that the issue was related to the GPU itself. But after I got it in, booted up the rig & upgraded my driver via GeForce Experience, I still have that same issue! πŸ™„πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ [Also, for anyone wondering, I DID use DDU to uninstall the old driver first. And, essentially, nothing about the setup has really changed aside from having a i7 10th Gen now, & being on Windows 11.]Β 

Β 

I looked at a few of my posts I made in the past related to this issue to refresh my memory before I made this one, but I've given the matter some thought & have a possible theory as to what could be going on. I would however, like your input on this just as confirmation though. Based on my experience that I've had with this so far over the last couple years, I'm thinking that the issue most likely is with the Displayport cable that I've had since the beginning. Because I visually inspected the 2070 SUPER, & upon a close but careful inspection, I'm not seeing ANY visual damage to the pins & there is nothing wrong with the IO on the card itself. Unfortunately, the Display port cable that I've been using which came with my monitor is the only 1 I've got, & I even went as far as to check the end that was plugged into the GPU & to my eyes, I didn't see any evidence that it was damaged or anything. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ But then again, I don't have any of the proper tools to evaluate that sort of thing anyway given that I've never had any background with IT, nor worked in like a tech repair shop or what have you.

Β 

Still, I would like some opinions/thoughts/advice on the matter. Is there anyway I can check or validate for myself that the issue is with the cable, or just for the heck of it, should I purchase a new one, try it out, & see if that helps? πŸ€”Β  In the meantime, though, I'm open to other suggestions & advice that you guys would have, but please, view & read that previous post I alluded to first! Also, for anyone wondering, I updated parts list & the pcpartpicker URL on my profile. Like always- if you guys need extra details or if you have any questions, just feel free to comment or message me & I will get back to you all 1 by 1. πŸ™‚πŸ‘

Β 

Β 

Anyway, thanks in advance to whomever can help! πŸ™‡β€β™‚οΈ

Β 

Β 

Try with another cable, really there's not any other solution

System : AMD R9 5900XΒ / GigabyteΒ X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18Β /Β ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /Β Β Eisbaer 280mm AIOΒ (with 2xArctic P14 fans)Β / 2TB Crucial T500Β  NVme +Β 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDDΒ drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/Β Β Alienware AW3420DW 34"Β 120HzΒ 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X SuperlightΒ mouse / Audeze MaxwellΒ headphones

22 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Try with another cable, really there's not any other solution

Hm, that's what I was thinking too. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ But I guess there's no easy way of determining if anything is wrong with the cable I currently have...? πŸ€”

5 minutes ago, Kjennings92 said:

Hm, that's what I was thinking too. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ But I guess there's no easy way of determining if anything is wrong with the cable I currently have...? πŸ€”

Try the cable on a known working other system and see what happens

System : AMD R9 5900XΒ / GigabyteΒ X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18Β /Β ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /Β Β Eisbaer 280mm AIOΒ (with 2xArctic P14 fans)Β / 2TB Crucial T500Β  NVme +Β 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDDΒ drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/Β Β Alienware AW3420DW 34"Β 120HzΒ 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X SuperlightΒ mouse / Audeze MaxwellΒ headphones

23 minutes ago, Kjennings92 said:

$5 on amazon. That should have been one of the first things to try.

2 hours ago, PDifolco said:

Try the cable on a known working other system and see what happens

I could, but the thing is that my pc is the only custom-built in the house, while my mom has an all-in-one pc meaning that it doesn't have the same selection of ports/IO, but that DID occur to me earlier. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

2 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

$5 on amazon. That should have been one of the first things to try.

$5 for WHAT on Amazon? πŸ€¨πŸ€” You didn't say what it is... πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

37 minutes ago, Kjennings92 said:

$5 for WHAT on Amazon? πŸ€¨πŸ€” You didn't say what it is... πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

The cable. Get a cable. Try the easiest thing first. Barring that, you likely have an hdmi cable and tv in the house. Hook it up to that.

2 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

The cable. Get a cable. Try the easiest thing first. Barring that, you likely have an hdmi cable and tv in the house. Hook it up to that.

Oh, okay. I must have misunderstood you at first. πŸ™„πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜‚ Well, you be wrong since we don't have a TV with HDMI ports on it on the house. But I can at least get a new DisplayPort cable & try it. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘

25 minutes ago, Kjennings92 said:

Oh, okay. I must have misunderstood you at first. πŸ™„πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜‚ Well, you be wrong since we don't have a TV with HDMI ports on it on the house. But I can at least get a new DisplayPort cable & try it. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘

Haha do you have a tv? If so, my condolences for the age of it if it has no HDMI πŸ˜‰

Β 

But yes, I'd start with a cable. Easiest and cheapest part to test first.

53 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

Haha do you have a tv? If so, my condolences for the age of it if it has no HDMI πŸ˜‰

Β 

But yes, I'd start with a cable. Easiest and cheapest part to test first.

A TV, yes, but it's an older one, no modern IO. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ But, I will try a new cable to see if that makes ANY difference.