3pin fan pwm on 4 pin deepcool fh10

Fares zaghloul

i recently bought some be quiet! fans but i didnt realize they are 3 pin now and im stuck with them being on 100% all the time and its very loud i have a deepcool fh10 fan hub if i plug in a 4 pin pwm fan in the master slot will the behave and have the same speed as the 4pin fan?

3 minutes ago, Fares zaghloul said:

i recently bought some be quiet! fans but i didnt realize they are 3 pin now and im stuck with them being on 100% all the time and its very loud i have a deepcool fh10 fan hub if i plug in a 4 pin pwm fan in the master slot will the behave and have the same speed as the 4pin fan?

You can usually change a fan header from PWM to DC controlled in the UEFI/BIOS. Routing them through a hub would either require individual DC control of each header, or setting the whole thing to DC if possible.

PWM fans work by modulating the full 12V signal intermittently, enough to keep the fan spinning at a given RPM measured by the sense pin. DC fans simply lower the voltage to accomplish the same task which can be done on PWM or DC fans. 

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15, CCD1 disabled

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional IT since 2017

some hubs can make 3 pin work as the 4 pin pwm but some cant. web site says nothing about this. i mean you could just ask deepcool.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

6 hours ago, Agall said:

You can usually change a fan header from PWM to DC controlled in the UEFI/BIOS. Routing them through a hub would either require individual DC control of each header, or setting the whole thing to DC if possible.

PWM fans work by modulating the full 12V signal intermittently, enough to keep the fan spinning at a given RPM measured by the sense pin. DC fans simply lower the voltage to accomplish the same task which can be done on PWM or DC fans. 

I have a Asus prime b760m I tried switching to dc mode but it still didn’t let change any of the fan speeds

6 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

some hubs can make 3 pin work as the 4 pin pwm but some cant. web site says nothing about this. i mean you could just ask deepcool.

What are hubs that can? 

2 minutes ago, Fares zaghloul said:

What are hubs that can? 

i use this.

this also converts the fan to pwm.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

9 hours ago, Fares zaghloul said:

I have a Asus prime b760m I tried switching to dc mode but it still didn’t let change any of the fan speeds

Then you'll likely have to directly wire those fans to the motherboard, without any sort of controller between them. You can usually split a header twice without issue, since you do need to be careful how many fans in total draw power from fan headers on a motherboard. You can find powered dumb splitters though that take a SATA/molex power connector and split one fan header into several.

A DC fan wired to the motherboard for voltage control with a header set properly to DC Mode and with a curve will not run at 100%. So if that's still the case, then there's something afoot in the configuration that we may need pictures to verify.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15, CCD1 disabled

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional IT since 2017

11 hours ago, Fares zaghloul said:

Was there a option to set any fans to DC mode? CPU and chassis fans may have different option, but from my experience Asus mother boards seem to limit DC fans to aroundt 60% minumum speed for custom profiles. If you can change it to DC mode, you could try using Remoo Fan Control software to see if you bipass the mother minimum limits.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W