PC, PS4, Wii U

I Hendrycks I

Basically just wanted to ask a basic question.

I'm trying to decide on what to do, looking ahead on where gaming's going. I've been saving money for quite a while and I'm trying to decide to just stay with my PC and Xbox One, get a PS4 for exclusives only or a Wii U for exclusives only.

I love experiences on PC but I already have a shit ton of games I just never got around to playing when I got them cheap and they don't really pull me in like they used to. Almost all my PC friends seem to have been sucked in to the F2P mass player games that I don't understand why people even play them..I'm talking about League of Legends, DOTA 2, Hearthstone, etc - they just don't keep me interested. The Xbox One is awesome to play with my non-PC inclined friends but the lack of amazing games coming out has me wanting more.

The PS4 is interesting as it will be getting good exclusives soon but I find that those won't be coming out anytime soon. 

Lastly the Wii U has Mario Kart right around the corner which I'm very excited about it just to have a few races after work every now and then with my family, friends and gf. The nostalgia of Mario games alone pulls me in way more than any other system but the one caveat is that I'm worried on the potential of the Wii U in the future. Their CEO recently talked as if they're only sticking with the Wii U before releasing new hardware because people would be pissed but as soon as people are happy they'll just release a new console/handheld/whatever. The price even with the Mario Kart bundle coming on the 30th isn't all that impressive considering it's been 2 years since it's been out. I don't want to be buying extra $50 Wiimotes, games, accessories, etc just to have Nintendo say in a year "Nintendo X" doesn't use Wiimotes, can't play Wii games anymore or Wii U games.

Lengthy post but gaming has disappointed me as of late with Titanfall being a bust, Xbox One sales being horrible and now ditching Kinect as if the $100 extra I paid is now useless after a few months. The PS4 and Xbox One is already having issues with just playing 1080p at 60fps which the original PR for these consoles was 1080p 60fps now and compatible with 4K as soon as it's widely used..what at 4fps? I would've just stayed away from these consoles but the PC doesn't scratch all my itches. Nintendo has Mario, Xbox is where I play FIFA and NHL with friends and PC is everything else.

I would keep the pc and xbox one i have no idea what exclusives u want out of the ps4 lol also nintendo is suppose to be releasing new hardware soon and with all there new patents being shown it wouldnt be surprising i would hold off on the wiiU and get the next console they release at launch.

PC does a hell of a lot more than any set of consoles combined.

Sony stopped being interesting since the PS2 days.

Zelda, Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros is only justification. Mario as a main series is lost in a sea of let's rehash another New Super Mario Bros style game and Pokemon is more for the handhelds.

PC does a hell of a lot more than any set of consoles combined.

Sony stopped being interesting since the PS2 days.

Zelda, Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros is only justification. Mario as a main series is lost in a sea of let's rehash another New Super Mario Bros style game and Pokemon is more for the handhelds.

The fact that my Xbox One can be used by my parents is a feat in itself, just say "Xbox On," sit down and it signs you in and say "Xbox go to Netflix" and they're done. Plus FIFA on PC is garbage and my friends all love it.

Honestly I have a huge hole burning in my pocket as I've been saving forever just to buy something awesome and my birthday's soon too and the fact that the Wii U Mario Kart bundle is $350 and only one new graphics card I'd get for my PC is around that price isn't too bad.

I prefer playing games on the ps4, but that's just me. If you get PlayStation plus you'll get a free game each month (also you don't have to deal with bs software like uplay and steam when you want to play a game).  

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

I prefer playing games on the ps4, but that's just me. If you get PlayStation plus you'll get a free game each month (also you don't have to deal with bs software like uplay and steam when you want to play a game).  

I actually love Steam but ya UPlay is crap. I also wouldn't be getting PS+ considering I'd only want a PS4 for exclusives and most "free" games will be third party that I'd rather buy on PC or Xbox One as I don't know anyone with a PS4.

EDIT: Also I already pay for XBL Gold and Games for Gold is coming to Xbox One in June