Product idea?

BEARKINGv2

Ignore this post if it is already addressed  but, essentially a separate slim case for all of the screwdrivers other bits to be held while not in use? or actively in the screwdrivers handle? I bought the screwdriver and I want to purchase all the other bits you guys have, but I don't want to have all the loose bits floating around ya know?🤙

12 hours ago, BEARKINGv2 said:

Ignore this post if it is already addressed  but, essentially a separate slim case for all of the screwdrivers other bits to be held while not in use? or actively in the screwdrivers handle? I bought the screwdriver and I want to purchase all the other bits you guys have, but I don't want to have all the loose bits floating around ya know?🤙

3d print a case. im sure you can find a case. was somewhere on this forum somewhere

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

9 minutes ago, djksm said:

3d print a case. im sure you can find a case. was somewhere on this forum somewhere

While this is possible I don't think it's very helpful, it's fair to say that a lot of people don't have access/knowledge or whatever else to a 3d printer, which is why a case from LTT would be nice.  

please tag me for a response, It's really hard to keep tabs on every thread I reply to. thanks!!

2 minutes ago, Dillpickle23422 said:

While this is possible I don't think it's very helpful, it's fair to say that a lot of people don't have access/knowledge or whatever else to a 3d printer, which is why a case from LTT would be nice.  

its easy. you can go to pcbway and get something 3d printed. not very expensive and if you search up "screwdriver bit case 3d" on google, you can get some decent ones for free. ALSO I FOUND AN LTT ONE: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.printables.com%2Fmodel%2F272857-ltt-screwdriver-bit-holder-multiple-sizes&psig=AOvVaw16_4sxCESO9hG9V18MhT9p&ust=1698940786886000&source=images&cd=vfe&opi=89978449&ved=0CBEQjhxqFwoTCOj7w4mWo4IDFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

Just now, djksm said:

its easy. you can go to pcbway and get something 3d printed. not very expensive and if you search up "screwdriver bit case 3d" on google, you can get some decent ones for free.

I'm aware that you can do that, just makes business sense for LTT to make their own, that you can buy if you buy more additional bits. I can't imagine that it's too hard to do, is most likely a low overhead, high profit (and also relatively inexpensive) product that shows a little bit more support for their own product. I don't own an LTT driver, nor will I buy one, because I already plenty of adequate tools, but with the kits I have, like my iFixit one, came with a case for the extra bits. Just seems silly why there wouldn't be a case. 

If I ever reached out to a company about something like a case, or basic accessory, and their response was "just 3d print it", I would probably be less inclined to purchase again. 

please tag me for a response, It's really hard to keep tabs on every thread I reply to. thanks!!

1 hour ago, djksm said:

its easy. you can go to pcbway and get something 3d printed. not very expensive and if you search up "screwdriver bit case 3d" on google, you can get some decent ones for free. ALSO I FOUND AN LTT ONE: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.printables.com%2Fmodel%2F272857-ltt-screwdriver-bit-holder-multiple-sizes&psig=AOvVaw16_4sxCESO9hG9V18MhT9p&ust=1698940786886000&source=images&cd=vfe&opi=89978449&ved=0CBEQjhxqFwoTCOj7w4mWo4IDFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

I'm adding that to the list for things to print!

1 hour ago, Dillpickle23422 said:

I'm aware that you can do that, just makes business sense for LTT to make their own, that you can buy if you buy more additional bits. I can't imagine that it's too hard to do, is most likely a low overhead, high profit (and also relatively inexpensive) product that shows a little bit more support for their own product. I don't own an LTT driver, nor will I buy one, because I already plenty of adequate tools, but with the kits I have, like my iFixit one, came with a case for the extra bits. Just seems silly why there wouldn't be a case. 

If I ever reached out to a company about something like a case, or basic accessory, and their response was "just 3d print it", I would probably be less inclined to purchase again. 

"Business sense" seems to make sense, until you scale it.

4 hours ago, Avaviel said:

"Business sense" seems to make sense, until you scale it.

Yeah, that's true. However, manufacturing and launching (at scale) a plastic bit holder is far simpler than, say, the backpack or screwdriver.  

Yeah I don't have access to a 3d printer nor the funds for one currently or I would. and I was not looking for just an empty case for the bits. I want to purchase all of the other bits that they made in a "bundle" case like an ifixt bundle. I don't know what LTTs current packaging is like if I were to purchase the extra bits? If it is like the standard bits that came with the screw driver, those were just in a cardboard sleeve, in the box the screw driver came in. Once opened I don't want to just have the loose bits in a bag or in a tray. Preferably a case with a legend of what bits are what?   They could sell a two versions, a LTT screw driver and bits bundle for "rough guess" $100-$120 USD and then an "everything but the driver"   for $40 -$50 USD. call it a driver update 😎

It takes time to develop a product that doesn't suck.

If you want you can order something off the shelf or find something 3D printed on Etsy or other maker marketplaces, but it will take time for LTT to have their own product.