Rx 580

Black1Mamba

Hi so I have a lenovo ideacentre 3 that with the i3 10 Gen, I have a rx 550 but I recently upgraded to a 580 and giving then system psu is only rated at 260 and it doesn't have the 8 pins for the gpu I got a 710 watts evga and given the system is a 10 pin power I got a 24 to 10 pin adapter for the motherboard but now my system won't display, the gpu is powering on and I tested it on a different system n it worked fine and I also know the system is booting because I see the numlock light on the keyboard. How can I fix this issue? 

53 minutes ago, Black1Mamba said:

Hi so I have a lenovo ideacentre 3 that with the i3 10 Gen, I have a rx 550 but I recently upgraded to a 580 and giving then system psu is only rated at 260 and it doesn't have the 8 pins for the gpu I got a 710 watts evga and given the system is a 10 pin power I got a 24 to 10 pin adapter for the motherboard but now my system won't display, the gpu is powering on and I tested it on a different system n it worked fine and I also know the system is booting because I see the numlock light on the keyboard. How can I fix this issue? 

Do you have the old card to test?

Also, numlock on does not necessary signal the system is booting/booted.

2 hours ago, Supersonicwolfe said:

Do you have the old card to test?

Also, numlock on does not necessary signal the system is booting/booted.

I do, the old one works fine but I think the issue is cuz of the 24 to 10 pin adapter the system and gpu aren't powering on at the same time and it posting with the integrate graphics instead of the dedicated so I need a way to power both cuz as it is right now soon as the sustem gets power the power supply fan start spinning even tho I haven't powered on yet 

7 hours ago, Black1Mamba said:

I do, the old one works fine but I think the issue is cuz of the 24 to 10 pin adapter the system and gpu aren't powering on at the same time and it posting with the integrate graphics instead of the dedicated so I need a way to power both cuz as it is right now soon as the sustem gets power the power supply fan start spinning even tho I haven't powered on yet 

Hummm I am aware some Teir 1 OEM system like from Lenovo/Dell/HP have white lists for wifi card, but I haven't heard they lock GPUs...

I assume the i3 have a iGPU too so try plug into that and see if it was booted but only using the iGPU instead of dGPU. if yes, check the RX580 is detected. If so, into BIOS (using the onboard) and change default display to DGPU instead of Auto.

If the CPU don't have a iGPU, you can try use the old card and get into BIOS, try set the display to DGPU only instead of Auto.