Recover Samsung Notes?

Hi everyone

In short... i was stupid. I resetted my wifes phone because it had problems. We saved all data beforehand, made sure all syncing accounts did sync and copied all folders from SD-Card and internal storage (everything that was accessible without root) and then resetted the phone.

After restoring we found out, that all notes in the Samsung Notes app didnt sync and seem to be lost. Luckily I have a nice wife, so i still have my head, but she is still quite sad, is there any way to restore the notes? did it save it in one of the folders i copied? i copied all folders, icluding the Android folder.

The Phone is a Samsung s20 FE

I know chances look very bad, but if there should be some magic i dont know about, i would be very happy...

Thanks in Advance... 

There are ways to look for deleted files on SD cards using specialized software, but I don't know of any extensive ones off the top of my head that are free.

I'm willing to bet you could try to read it using a linux distro

For example, you could follow a guide like this: How To Recover Deleted Files From Any Drive in Linux | Tom's Hardware (tomshardware.com)

It's a little dated, but there are many other guides to choose from that teach about testdisk, or ddrescue 

I have no idea how well these translate to reading SD cards or internal phone storage

AMD 3600x, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14, GTX 1080, and Ungodly Amounts of Storage

Samsung Notes stores its files in protected system files, which you can't access without root so you wouldn't have copied those folders. You're out of luck on this one.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

Thank you everyone for your support... turns out i wasnt out of luck, just a little bit stupid...

We had the same problem a few years back with another wipe of a device... and back then i had a short bright moment and told my wife to use google keep notes (BECAUSE IT SYNCS AUTOMATICALLY) and she did what i said.... and same as me... totally forgot about it and just used it... after the reset out of habit she went back into the (of course) empty Samsung Notes and told me, that it is empty... and i of course didnt remember i once had a bright moment...

long story short... thanks to google keep notes i am the hero of the day (at least for my wife 😄 ) and all the notes are there.

Thanks again to everybody and have a wonderful day

5 minutes ago, LocutusPrime said:

Thank you everyone for your support... turns out i wasnt out of luck, just a little bit stupid...

We had the same problem a few years back with another wipe of a device... and back then i had a short bright moment and told my wife to use google keep notes (BECAUSE IT SYNCS AUTOMATICALLY) and she did what i said.... and same as me... totally forgot about it and just used it... after the reset out of habit she went back into the (of course) empty Samsung Notes and told me, that it is empty... and i of course didnt remember i once had a bright moment...

long story short... thanks to google keep notes i am the hero of the day (at least for my wife 😄 ) and all the notes are there.

Well, atleast your neck is safe now.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2023 at 2:44 AM, LocutusPrime said:

Thank you for the reminder to back up my notes!

On 11/1/2023 at 2:44 AM, LocutusPrime said:

Yeah this is why I use Keep Notes and OneNote (I used ON for university, but now it's pretty much just an archive) because of the automatic backup.