VGA status light after furmark

stembek

I know there is a lot of text, but please help your fellow PCMR guy.

If someone can please explain this to me: I have a Gainward rtx 4080 panther on Gigabyte Aorus elite ax b650 with 7800x3d, GSKILL Trident Z5 Neo 32GB and a gigabyte 850w gold PSU (not the model which are known to blow up) and i tried furmark. 

After some time i closed the furmark, did a benchmark, everything was perfect. Then i started TLOU part 1. The graphics were full of artifacts. I have restarted the game and everything was back to normal, except the red VGA status led on my motherboard lit up. I tried restarting the PC and the GPU did not output anything.

Reseated the GPU and power cable, restarted again, and the GPU works fine again. 

What could cause the red VGA status led, and should i be worried that something is wrong with my GPU? I really want to discover the faulty part asap if there is one, so i can still RMA in time...

15 minutes ago, stembek said:

I know there is a lot of text, but please help your fellow PCMR guy.

If someone can please explain this to me: I have a Gainward rtx 4080 panther on Gigabyte Aorus elite ax b650 with 7800x3d, GSKILL Trident Z5 Neo 32GB and a gigabyte 850w gold PSU (not the model which are known to blow up) and i tried furmark. 

After some time i closed the furmark, did a benchmark, everything was perfect. Then i started TLOU part 1. The graphics were full of artifacts. I have restarted the game and everything was back to normal, except the red VGA status led on my motherboard lit up. I tried restarting the PC and the GPU did not output anything.

Reseated the GPU and power cable, restarted again, and the GPU works fine again. 

What could cause the red VGA status led, and should i be worried that something is wrong with my GPU? I really want to discover the faulty part asap if there is one, so i can still RMA in time...

could have been an overheated gpu which can damage it, try using a different gpu if you have one.

1 hour ago, stembek said:

<snip>

Furmark is not intended to be run for long periods of time, and doing so can and will damage a GPU.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

Another dead GPU by ppl running Furmark, nothing new. Please stop using that program. Use 3dmark or even Heaven if gou want to test performance.