2in1 Laptop or tablet for second pc screen and daily use?

I want to get myself either a tablet or a 2in1 laptop to use for content consumption and as a second monitor. There are 2 specific ones I am currently looking at, a surface 4 pro (4gb ram and 128gb) or Galaxy Tab A7 lite. They are the same price if you have any suggestions other than these I am open to them. Only thing I am gonna use them is for youtube,web browsing and as a second pc monitor.

I'd say it mostly comes down to: Do you need your second screen to have its own keyboard? Otherwise both a laptop or a tablet will do fine for web browsing and YouTube. If you need to type a lot while mobile, a laptop is probably the better choice. If you need it to be smaller and lighter, then a tablet is likely the better choice.

Also be aware that you typically can't plug either of these into your graphics card as a secondary monitor directly. You'll need to use a solution to stream the image over network/Wi-Fi.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

7 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

I'd say it mostly comes down to: Do you need your second screen to have its own keyboard? Otherwise both a laptop or a tablet will do fine for web browsing and YouTube. If you need to type a lot while mobile, a laptop is probably the better choice. If you need it to be smaller and lighter, then a tablet is likely the better choice.

Also be aware that you typically can't plug either of these into your graphics card as a secondary monitor directly. You'll need to use a solution to stream the image over network/Wi-Fi.

I am well aware of having to use an app and do not mind using them that way. I do not need a keyboard, my question was mostly If the surface was worth it or if I should look for something else. That is to say would I get longer usability with a 2in1 than a tablet because of software updates and stuff like that.

Do you need a laptop or a portable second screen and content viewer i would prefer the tablet as you can buy a keyboard later and just stream your home pc using s free remote viewing service such as chrome remote desktop or anydesk.