How Can i Make Windows See that it has Bluetooth?

LamoidZombieDog
Go to solution Solved by Blue4130,
52 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

Hello, How do i get one of these Junk USB Bluetooth Adapters to Tell Windows that it actually has Bluetooth? All of them, Including the Baseus One Using "BRLink" Drivers That I currently have now, Puts an Icon in the Tray that you can click to Manage Bluetooth, But Windows Doesn't actually know it has Bluetooth, So i cant use things like Nearby Share, Which are Asking windows if it has Bluetooth, and obviously Windows says no.

Which specific driver did it install? I've had good luck forcing my dongle to use the broadcomm BCM20702 12.0.1.659 driver.

Hello, How do i get one of these Junk USB Bluetooth Adapters to Tell Windows that it actually has Bluetooth? All of them, Including the Baseus One Using "BRLink" Drivers That I currently have now, Puts an Icon in the Tray that you can click to Manage Bluetooth, But Windows Doesn't actually know it has Bluetooth, So i cant use things like Nearby Share, Which are Asking windows if it has Bluetooth, and obviously Windows says no.

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

we need system specs and what adapter you are using, was there any driver/instruction that came with the adapter? 

3 minutes ago, goatedpenguin said:

we need system specs and what adapter you are using, was there any driver/instruction that came with the adapter? 

I mean i mentioned this in the Post lol. its a Baseus Bluetooth USB Adapter using BRLink Drivers. The Computer itself is kind of irrelevant, this is a large problem with all these USB Adapters on their various drivers. i haven't seen one that by default worked directly in windows, and I need to know if I can make this one work, or if there is a specific one to buy.

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

52 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

Which specific driver did it install? I've had good luck forcing my dongle to use the broadcomm BCM20702 12.0.1.659 driver.

2 minutes ago, goatedpenguin said:

Can you shows us a screen shot of device manager and open the Bluetooth tab and click on the problematic driver.

I don't think you are understanding. the Driver works, this has nothing to do with the driver. the problem is the driver does not do what I want, and realistically what it should have been designed to do, and so I need an alternative way to set it up. Please read my post

19 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

So im Getting somewhere with this.. broadcoms website says they no longer offer driver downloads, microsofts website had downloads for random files that were not installable drivers, and I didn't want to use a driver from some random website, but an HP Forum post gave me a download link for an HP Bluetooth driver With Broadcom. It put another Stupid icon in my tray, and now I have two since the other one didn't go away on driver removal, but now when clicking add device, it actually takes me to the windows settings instead of opening its own Chinese software, so I'm definitely making progress. the windows settings thinks it has Bluetooth now, but it wont find devices and I cant see the computer from my phone, so either the driver is installed, but maybe its thinking it has Bluetooth and isn't actually working with my USB Adapter, or, I just need to restart.

1 hour ago, Blue4130 said:

I Restarted, Went in and out of the Bluetooth settings a few times, and now its working perfectly with the HP Driver, Thanks.

11 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

I Restarted, Went in and out of the Bluetooth settings a few times, and now its working perfectly with the HP Driver, Thanks.

Glad to help. I went through similar troubles when I opted for "the convinience of Bluetooth"