Which team is better for emulation

Assuming 2 pcs that both have the following components
7950X Cpu
4x16 gbs of ram
Cooling sufficient enough to have the cpu not bottleneck
A high end motherboard and an overkill power supply
Which family of gpu is going to be the better all rounder in terms of emulating games
An Nvidia 4090 or an RS 7900 XTX. I know that overall the 4090 is both more expensive and has more brute force compute wise but emulation tends to be more cpu heavy and i wasnt sure if having an amd card paired with an amd cpu might cause things to have better performance.

Similarly, if i'm just balling out of control and have both a 4090 and an 7900 xtx in the same computer, how likely is it that i can just go and tell each emulator what gpu to use and have it work with no problems whatsoever
This is a purely hypothetical question that i'm asking simply so that i know what computer components i should save towards. I intend to have an all rounder gaming pc that i would like to have the best raw emulation performance possible

That question is decided by what emulators you are using. There is no such thing as "raw emulation performance" because each emulator tends to be a custom-built thing by a small community to run the games they like from whatever platform they were able to reverse engineer. CEMU (a WiiU emulator) is very different performance-wise to Yuzu (Switch emulator) though both can run some of the same games, as some of the early Switch games are also on Wii U. I haven't jumped into either in a while so I can't remember if they had a GPU preference, and if so to what side of the fence.

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

#Team AVX512

11 minutes ago, RealStormBringer228 said:

This is a purely hypothetical question

yes, but it's still the entirely wrong question because for emulation the cpu is the deciding factor since its whats doing like 90% of the work...

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 minute ago, Zando_ said:

That question is decided by what emulators you are using. There is no such thing as "raw emulation performance" because each emulator tends to be a custom-built thing by a small community to run the games they like from whatever platform they were able to reverse engineer. CEMU (a WiiU emulator) is very different performance-wise to Yuzu (Switch emulator) though both can run some of the same games, as some of the early Switch games are also on Wii U. I haven't jumped into either in a while so I can't remember if they had a GPU preference, and if so to what side of the fence.

How feasible is doing something like having both team red and green gpus in the same build and then forcing each emulator to use the gpu it would benefit from. Is it possible at all? Am i going to run into driver issues?

8 minutes ago, Zando_ said:

i notice no real diff between emus, except Xbox (very heavy) and ps3 (not as bad as Xbox, but still very heavy on the cpu side, with mostly everything in the 90%s...) 

my gpu typically is "idle" , maybe 340mhz... (fans dont even turn on usually  either) because none of those graphics are actually demanding obviously (there's always exceptions ofc, not that i remember as of right now tho)

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

6 minutes ago, RealStormBringer228 said:

How feasible is doing something like having both team red and green gpus in the same build and then forcing each emulator to use the gpu it would benefit from. Is it possible at all? Am i going to run into driver issues?

It'd be a pain in the ass to manage drivers, yeah. You're better served just checking whether the emulators you want to use have issues with AMD or Nvidia, then picking based off that.

8 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

#Team AVX512

yes, but it's still the entirely wrong question because for emulation the cpu is the deciding factor since its whats doing like 90% of the work...

^ Depends on the games but yeah the CPU does most of the work. When I was messing with CEMU to run BOTW at 4K I did need a decent GPU (the RVII I had at the time was overkill, you only needed a decent midrange card). I had an Intel CPU, don't remember if those worked better or emulators didn't care. Sometimes Intel is better with old/weird software like emulators and old titles, though I'm not sure how the new P/E core split has affected that.

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

33 minutes ago, Zando_ said:

Depends on the games

yeah, with emulators even more, cause not every game will have to same level of compatibility and may need weird workarounds,  while others will be more straightforward. 

Motorstorm is definitely very heavy for example,  so is Heavenly Sword. basically a lot of earlier PS3 titles used weird tricks that are difficult to emulate, remember i think like until 6 months before release (?) PS3 wasn't even supposed to have a GPU at all, so even original titles often needed to use tricks and workarounds, only later titles had better programming tools to utilize the hardware properly and those are typically easier to emulate too. 

With Xbox,  i  dunno,  i don't think anyone knows what's going on lol, its a wonder games are playable at all (even more miraculously even with mods! which is kinda unique because most emulators seemingly cant run mods, at least not that easily <-- there often just aren't any for console games,  which is a factor too obviously) 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity