Arctic liquid freezer II 360 tubes orientation

Go to solution Solved by WereCat,

If top mounted like this it does not matter if tubes are in front or back, it's just preference.

image.thumb.jpeg.ff75096902f6cb6452353797b0ad30b6.jpeg

If front mounted you want tubes preferably on a bottom but it will work with them on top too.. You may suffer from extra noise by hearing the trickle of water more since there will be air bubble at the top of the radiator, it's not an issue if there is plenty of liquid.

AVOID mounting at the bottom.

Pump must NOT be the highest point in the loop to prevent air getting there, creating bubble and killing the pump.

I'm working on mounting my cooler and following the manual, it looks like the tubes should come down from the front half of the radiator before twisting onto the cpu with the fan for the pump on top. As far as I can tell, the important part is that the pump is oriented properly with the fan on top and that the pump be lower than the radiator with the tubes ascending. Does it matter if the tubes coming down from the radiator are in the front or the back of the case? (Still mounted on the top) Or should I stick as close to the manual as possible? I only as because twisting the tubes to align with the cpu while coming from the front top of the case feels stiff and I don't know if it will apply too much...torque? Am I overthinking this? 

If top mounted like this it does not matter if tubes are in front or back, it's just preference.

image.thumb.jpeg.ff75096902f6cb6452353797b0ad30b6.jpeg

If front mounted you want tubes preferably on a bottom but it will work with them on top too.. You may suffer from extra noise by hearing the trickle of water more since there will be air bubble at the top of the radiator, it's not an issue if there is plenty of liquid.

AVOID mounting at the bottom.

Pump must NOT be the highest point in the loop to prevent air getting there, creating bubble and killing the pump.

22 minutes ago, Rebel836 said:

Am I overthinking this? 

a little, but that's okay lol

23 minutes ago, Rebel836 said:

with the fan for the pump on top. As far as I can tell, the important part is that the pump is oriented properly with the fan on top and that the pump be lower than the radiator

yes, the vrm fan should be on top, you have the right idea.

Thanks guys, this is my first AIO and as usual when building pcs, I'm a little paranoid lol

Follow the instructions - they are correct. Alternately:

• Pump fan pointed up (cools VRM)
  • Tubes connected to pump at top
  • Front-mount rad with tubes at the bottom

That can actually provide better temps on many computers. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂