Google Maps - building numbers missing always, everywhere

Bombama

Desktop web / mobile web / Android app / iOS app - everywhere. This bug started couple years ago. Super annoying.

Building numbers don't show up on maps at all.

Is there a way to turn them on as it was before? Or google reached peak minimalism and next step in "improvement" of UI is removing buildings and roads?

Using another map service is not a solution, none of them has even 1/10th of content that google maps offer in terms of roads, buildings, public transport, stores, reviews. I tried to use Apple Maps but it's useless. OSM also doesn't have data I need. Google maps 3 years ago were totally fine.

image.png.ec87280b280855dc2375302b3f453b94.png

Where I am at buildings never had numbers shown on map. Google Maps usually picks the correct building if you were to put the number to the search bar with full address though.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

5 minutes ago, Levent said:

Where I am at buildings never had numbers shown on map. Google Maps usually picks the correct building if you were to put the number to the search bar with full address though.

I tried to google some info and found a "news" article from 2020 stating that google is about to begin showing building numbers soon. Weird, for me it did opposite. Then I found out it didn't show numbers for some countries.

Anyway, it doesn't look normal. Maps are made to see information. Not to hide information. By hiding the numbers they making the map less functional significantly.

26 minutes ago, Bombama said:

I tried to google some info and found a "news" article from 2020 stating that google is about to begin showing building numbers soon. Weird, for me it did opposite. Then I found out it didn't show numbers for some countries.

Maybe they were forced to remove them. Check if there were any complaints in your area about them adding numbers. Similar to how Street View is still fairly limited in Germany because of complaints when it first launched.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

21 hours ago, Eigenvektor said:

Maybe they were forced to remove them. Check if there were any complaints in your area about them adding numbers. Similar to how Street View is still fairly limited in Germany because of complaints when it first launched.

maybe they did remove it due to complaints. Complaints of people who never use maps. It is one of very few main things in maps.

Is there any wrapper app/website that uses Google Maps API / content and their own map engine?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/19/2023 at 8:46 PM, Bombama said:

Is there any wrapper app/website that uses Google Maps API / content and their own map engine?

That most likely wouldn't help here. What you are after would be merged in with other base map features. I don't see building numbers on Google either. But I do see them with our local national providers service. I also see them with OSM viewer. HERE Maps viewer also gives them, though on much closer zoom. 

So if OSM doesn't give them, maybe they aren't recorded in your region/locale? You could check from raw data if they are recorded and therefore shown with buildings.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv