Looking to buy a new phone, 300€/$ budget

Xelyum

Hi, I've been in the need to buy a new phone lately. My old Honor 8 served me for 7 years and it's time to retire it.

I value performance, battery life and support above all since I tend to keep them for a long time.
Camera and storage are secondary.

I've had my eye on the OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite for the past few days, but I'm not convinced yet.

Would love the input of phone enthusiasts.

Edit to add : I live in France, if that matters.

On 10/15/2023 at 2:39 PM, Xelyum said:

Hi, I've been in the need to buy a new phone lately. My old Honor 8 served me for 7 years and it's time to retire it.

I value performance, battery life and support above all since I tend to keep them for a long time.
Camera and storage are secondary.

I've had my eye on the OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite for the past few days, but I'm not convinced yet.

Would love the input of phone enthusiasts.

Edit to add : I live in France, if that matters.

I would recommend something, but I'd rather just tell you this right now: if you buy a $300 device right now and plan on using it for more than 2-3 years, you are going to be disappointed very soon. Please, if you can, save up some money and increase your budget to $500-$600. You're going to be much happier with your decision in the end - that much money unlocks some nice refurbished (last gen) flagships that are way better than a CE 3 Lite.

If you're stuck with that $300 USD, look into some refurbished Galaxy S22s. Those would provide a far superior experience than the OnePlus. I don't know what the situation in France is, but I've seen fair condition S22s on BackMarket (USA) for $250 USD. The S22 has a mediocre battery, though - if that's an issue for you, get an S21+ for around the same price. Daily driving the S22 right now and for me it's great.

Without knowing a budget it's hard to say.

I'd agree with the others that a used 1-2 year old flagship is gonna serve you better than a new $300ish phone.