A new capacitive switch has been released

Translation

First, I believe that people have seen this keyboard. The keys are only MX compatible. There is a chance that they keyboard may infringe on copyright as it is extremely similar to the Topre keyswitch. A quote from the "Drainage Department" (This is wrong, due to the bad translation I cannot interpret it) states that the switch and even the trigger are along the same lines as Topre switches however do not constitute an infringement of copyright. Below are some images of the new switch and the keyboard that it is featured on. The keyboard features Cherry MX PBT key caps, capacitive switches, 35g actuation force, 3mm actuation distance, 5ms delay (usually 25-35ms on mechanical keyboards) and a polling rate of 1000Hz.  The switches themselves are said to be lighter than Cherry MX Red switches and have spaces for LED's to provide a backlight to the keyboard. The switches allow for O-rings to be used (or are installed into the switch?) if the keyboard is quite loud, a disadvantage to most mechanical keyboards. The rebound of the switch is said to be very satisfying and is compatible with both Cherry stabilizers and Costar stabilizers.

Sorry about the translation, I tried my best.

Images

8POdI.png

Left Topre, Right new unnamed switch.

8POh8.png

The new switches with Cherry MX key caps.

8POjc.png

The switches themselves.

Source

HKEPC.com

Sorry about the quality of the translation, Google broke the majority of it and is better than translate as the source is nearly illegible.

Cheers,

Sam

Isn't that essentially what that coolermaster keyboard, the novatouch, is about?

coolermaster-ces-2014-gaming-peripherals

It's essentially a copy, but they say that it's different. Whether it actually is though is debatable.

Isn't that essentially what that coolermaster keyboard, the novatouch, is about?

It is, but to my knowledge the coolermaster keys are made by Topre, these however are not.

Interesting, hopefully makes topre more accessible prices, and the scarcity of Topre Stemmed keycaps certainly makes this very appealing.

Though 35g seems bit strange, I thought other where around like 50?

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

membrain 0/10 no stars

LG 34" 21:9 1440p

1080ti EVGA FTW3

i7 8700k @ 5GHz 1.3V Delidded

membrain 0/10 no stars

its not membrane. its like topre switches which are regarded as some of the best switches ever made

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Weird. I don't see why these need to exist. They have no mechanical feel, sound and they are slower than other mechanical switches. Wouldn't it be cheaper just to go straight over to membrane and get the same results?

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

Meh if I was going to buy a mechanical keyboard I would get one with cherry switches and I think anyone who wants the mechanical keyboard experience should be buying cherry.

membrain 0/10 no stars

it is not membrane it's electrical capcitive switch like topra and those are considered to be very high quality switches.

also membrane is not all bad

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

That cross shaped bit looks like a lego piece.

Pilates

Looks interesting. Hopefully some people follow through with reviews.

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.