Opencore Legacy Patcher forbidden symbol

Go to solution Solved by olimexsmart,

Nevermind I did it this evening, at the fourth attempt 🥵 I found the trick being erasing the disk before launching the MacOS installation and expect multiple reboots, each with neverending loading bars with absolutely no explanation of what is happening 

IMHO the OpenCore Legacy Patcher tutorial/walkthrough misses some important steps, that may be obvious for somone used to do this regularly, but for me, this is my first Mac 😂 

The "About this Mac" window is so silly, how come that they even have the correct image? Amazing

20231013_001545.jpg

Hi, I'm trying to install Ventura on an unsupported Mac using OpenCore Legacy but I get the attached error during macOS installation.

Any suggestions?

20231011_231138.jpg

It's a MacMini 3.1 (early 2009) 

I've bought it for 15€ at a flea market, I installed a SSD and it boots fine into El Capitan (the last supported), but it is so old it doesn't let me installal anything

Nevermind I did it this evening, at the fourth attempt 🥵 I found the trick being erasing the disk before launching the MacOS installation and expect multiple reboots, each with neverending loading bars with absolutely no explanation of what is happening 

IMHO the OpenCore Legacy Patcher tutorial/walkthrough misses some important steps, that may be obvious for somone used to do this regularly, but for me, this is my first Mac 😂 

The "About this Mac" window is so silly, how come that they even have the correct image? Amazing

20231013_001545.jpg