Ram training with xmp

Go to solution Solved by Eigenvektor,
2 minutes ago, Le_Golden_Magikarp said:

that's what i was thinking too, but I made sure my bios was updated to the latest version. I read about some people having similar issues and just replacing the board but i really didn't wanna have to go though with doing that 

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?threads/mpg-b650i-edge-wifi-long-boot-time.385257/

Maybe check if enabling the "Memory Context Restore" option mentioned in this thread fixes it for you

Hey all, I just rebuilt my computer and decided to go with AM5 for my new build. I got everything setup, went to enable xmp and it started taking forever to boot. At first I thought that my board/ram wasn't doing xmp properly, but then after looking into it I found out that it was in fact using my xmp profile, but it was just taking sometimes up to 5 minutes on boot to get to the bios to train the ram. After that it boots normally and windows reports the 5600mhz on my ram. Is there any way to fix this? Or is this just a thing with newer platforms? I'm coming from an 8700k where I also had xmp turned on but it didn't have this long boot issue. Any help is appreciated! 
specs: 

R5 7600

MSI mpg b650 edge 

Corsair vengeance 32gb 5600mhz

rtx 3080

RAM training is normal for AM5, though it should typically only happen the first time the system is booted (or after CMOS is cleared)

I know some boards had issues where that would happen more than once, maybe check if a newer BIOS version is available and mentions fixing such issues.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

1 minute ago, Eigenvektor said:

RAM training is normal for AM5, though it should typically only happen the first time the system is booted (or after CMOS is cleared)

I know some boards had issues where that would happen more than once, maybe check if a newer BIOS version is available and mentions fixing such issues.

that's what i was thinking too, but I made sure my bios was updated to the latest version. I read about some people having similar issues and just replacing the board but i really didn't wanna have to go though with doing that 

2 minutes ago, Le_Golden_Magikarp said:

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?threads/mpg-b650i-edge-wifi-long-boot-time.385257/

Maybe check if enabling the "Memory Context Restore" option mentioned in this thread fixes it for you

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply