MSI B350 PC MATE LED LIGHT

Jean247

Ok so I have been trying to troubleshoot this MSI B350 PC MATE motherboard and nothing has worked. I got it about 3 weeks ago and since the day I got it, it has given me problems. Well only one to be exact, it shows a red CPU debug LED on the board and I checked the compatibility list on MSI's website and it says the board should work with a Ryzen 7 1700, I have tried everything...tested without the GPU and that didn't work, I tried different ram sticks in different slots on the board to no avail, tried clearing the CMOS and that also did nothing, checked for potential bent pins on the CPU and as expected the CPU is fine, tried a different CMOS battery which also didn't work, tried putting the GPU in a different PCI-E slot on the board and that didn't work either. I would like to mention that I got into the bios ONCE for like 15 maybe 20 seconds before the screen blacked out again, after that I couldn't access the bios again. So at this point I am clueless as to what the issue could be, I did buy the board second hand and I did ask the guy to send me a video of the board working and he did. He has a Ryzen 5 2400G in his system and it worked fine with the board, any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

11 hours ago, Jean247 said:

Ok so I have been trying to troubleshoot this MSI B350 PC MATE motherboard and nothing has worked. I got it about 3 weeks ago and since the day I got it, it has given me problems. Well only one to be exact, it shows a red CPU debug LED on the board and I checked the compatibility list on MSI's website and it says the board should work with a Ryzen 7 1700, I have tried everything...tested without the GPU and that didn't work, I tried different ram sticks in different slots on the board to no avail, tried clearing the CMOS and that also did nothing, checked for potential bent pins on the CPU and as expected the CPU is fine, tried a different CMOS battery which also didn't work, tried putting the GPU in a different PCI-E slot on the board and that didn't work either. I would like to mention that I got into the bios ONCE for like 15 maybe 20 seconds before the screen blacked out again, after that I couldn't access the bios again. So at this point I am clueless as to what the issue could be, I did buy the board second hand and I did ask the guy to send me a video of the board working and he did. He has a Ryzen 5 2400G in his system and it worked fine with the board, any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Sounds like your cpu is dead

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.