Static pressure on fans... how do I know?

It usually doesn't say in the specifications how high static pressure a fan has...

How, then, can I know if it'll be good for putting on rads?

All the mainstream ones Ive seen (things like Corsair and Noctua) have pressure ratings on them are you sure your looking on the manufacturer website for these stats? retailers might not list them, but if the ones you want don't perhaps do a quick google search of them and look for any reviews or comments that suggest how good or bad they may be,

You can gather a certain amount from the blade design and casing design also, SP fans general are designed in a way that channels air.

SP optimized fans will typically have a flatter blade orientation, with wide blades and very little space between them.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

A high static pressure is more than or around 1.5mm h20.

If that's what you are asking. If you go to the manufacturers website they will have a static pressure rating for the fan. If they don't they are hiding it which indicates it is not a high static pressure fan.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

What kind of fans are you using? They should be on the package or on their product website...if they aren't, I'm guessing they aren't very good fans.

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

If that's what you are asking. If you go to the manufacturers website they will have a static pressure rating for the fan. If they don't they are hiding it which indicates it is not a high static pressure fan.

Not necessarily. The Scythe Gentle Typhoons didn't have it listed. You have to search on the Nidec Servo catalogs to find the static pressure then convert it to mmH2O from inH2O.

But yeah, 1.5 mmH2O is usually considered the baseline for static pressure for a single set of fans. You can go lower but would most likely have to use push/pull.

And even then the ratings don't mean all that much, Martin did a pretty neat article about Static Pressure and CFM. Easily something I'd check out.

http://martinsliquidlab.org/2013/02/18/why-static-pressure-max-flow-specs-are-poor-measures-of-fan-performance/

Not necessarily. The Scythe Gentle Typhoons didn't have it listed. You have to search on the Nidec Servo catalogs to find the static pressure then convert it to mmH2O from inH2O.

But yeah, 1.5 mmH2O is usually considered the baseline for static pressure for a single set of fans. You can go lower but would most likely have to use push/pull.

They dont have a value, they dedicated a whole graph....

post-726-0-89317200-1368347745.png

post-726-0-89317200-1368347745.png

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

They dont have a value, they dedicated a whole graph....

attachicon.gif34.PNG

I saw that as well but I am almost illiterate with graphs so I had to dig for this:

post-3814-0-98512200-1368348202.png

I saw that as well but I am almost illiterate with graphs so I had to dig for this:

attachicon.gifUntitled6.png

In case you ever need to the static pressure of the fan as it would be listed on a table is where the line touches the y axis. The max airflow is where the line touches the x axis. The different coloured lines are different fan speeds.

In case you ever need to the static pressure of the fan as it would be listed on a table is where the line touches the y axis. The max airflow is where the line touches the x axis. The different coloured lines are different fan speeds.

Got it. After looking back at it, they were using Pascals for the static pressure. Missed that last time.  :P

Anyways, I've been praying for years that Scythe would release a 140mm Gentle Typhoon but alas, it seems it is not meant to be.

Got it. After looking back at it, they were using Pascals for the static pressure. Missed that last time.  :P

Anyways, I've been praying for years that Scythe would release a 140mm Gentle Typhoon but alas, it seems it is not meant to be.

You could always use a adapter, they're still monsters on 140mm rads.

yld12sl12adaptervsall.png

You could always use a adapter, they're still monsters on 140mm rads.

yld12sl12adaptervsall.png

I did that on one of my rigs but aesthetically, for me, it looks weird.

Kudos for using Martinliquidlabs as the source. Guy's a legend in WC.

a GT 140 replacement would be the swiftech helix 140 -> LINKY

specs:

size: 140mm x 25mm

rpm: 1500rpm

static: 1.58mm/h2o

noise: 24.9dbA

airdeano