Linux on a Samsung Galaxy book, 2-3 months in

Berinejo

I put Manjaro Linux on my Samsung Galaxy Book2 360 in August of 2023, a year after my dad purchased it for me to use in school (I sometimes do but my district computer is mostly required).

I did this as I was dissatisfied with Windows 11's poor performance and battery life, usually only lasting 3-6 hours depending if I was running YouTube or not.

There are users on the Galaxy Book Pro (GBP) line of computers from Samsung on Linux so I used their work as a base line to start on

But how is it to use? What's broken? It's nice to use, I have slightly better battery life and now I'm less worried that updates will fill my 256 gigs of storage instead of school work and misc files and programs.

Now the stuff that's broken: keyboard backlight control and the fingerprint reader don't work. The backlight one kinda sucks as I would like to turn it off sometimes but its a minor inconvenience, along with the fingerprint reader that in windows just plain sucked so no huge loss. Same with auto rotation, I hated it anyway.

Now I would recommend to look at this GitHub repository (link:https://github.com/joshuagrisham/galaxy-book2-pro-linux), it is a well put together explanation of what does and doesn't work out of the box and how to fix it.

along with only arch based distros as I don't know if any Debian based distro would work.

Thanks for reading this short review on Linux on a Samsung galaxy book 2 360.

Edited by Berinejo
added another "broken" thing