How is the 12v connector for the AOC e2343f monitor called? I bought a wrong one

Filingo

Hello,

I need a power supply for the aoc e2343f monitor. It's 12v 3a so I bought 12v 5a but the connector doesn't fit. This is how the socket on the monitor looks:

20231005_192021.thumb.jpg.af7ecca40f018129f08ff6119c28df6b.jpg

But my connector didn't fit, the hole is smaller for pin:

20231005_191819.jpg.6cc8e02ecb9fb884725a87fa77f8abcf.jpg

What is the connector that I need called?

Thanks

1 minute ago, Filingo said:

Hello,

I need a power supply for the aoc e2343f monitor. It's 12v 3a so I bought 12v 5a but the connector doesn't fit. This is how the socket on the monitor looks:

20231005_192021.thumb.jpg.af7ecca40f018129f08ff6119c28df6b.jpg

But my connector didn't fit, the hole is smaller for pin:

20231005_191819.jpg.6cc8e02ecb9fb884725a87fa77f8abcf.jpg

What is the connector that I need called?

Thanks

That looks like 3a, but i suggest you buying adapters for 4a

These barrel connectors are defined by  ID "inner diameter"  and OD  "outer diameter"

The most common versions are 2.1mm ID / 5.5 mm OD  and 2.5mm ID / 5.5mm OD  - you probably bought the 2.5mm ID and need the 2.1mm ID.

You can use any current rating as long as it's equal or higher than the old power supply's rating.  Actually, may be able to use a slightly lower current rating (ex 2.5A instead of 3A) as long as you don't run the brightness close to the maximum - the brightness is what consumes the most power.

You can get power supplies with multiple such connectors that can be swapped, or you could just cut the cable and connect the wires to the old plug if you still have it.

Thanks guys! Yes about the ratings I know but I wasn't sure about the dimensions. I thought they have names. But I'll check the diameter. But in my case the connector I bought - the hole is too small so I may have bought the 2.1 and and need 2.5? Maybe the photo makes it look like the cable I bought has larger inner diameter but it's actually smaller 

3 minutes ago, Filingo said:

Thanks guys! Yes about the ratings I know but I wasn't sure about the dimensions. I thought they have names. But I'll check the diameter. But in my case the connector I bought - the hole is too small so I may have bought the 2.1 and and need 2.5? Maybe the photo makes it look like the cable I bought has larger inner diameter but it's actually smaller 

Perhaps it's a dumb thought of mine, but you can't simply bring the device to the store and show the port to the clerk? If the staff is half decent, they will help you find the right one.

My rig:

Case: Chieftec CI-01B-OP "The Cube"

Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H Rev.1

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X

Cooler: ThermalRight Assassin King 120 SE with TF-4 Thermal paste

GPU: NVidia RTX 2070 Super Blower Style (HP OEM)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 2x16

PSU: Itek BD700 DC-to-DC

3 hours ago, Imago said:

Perhaps it's a dumb thought of mine, but you can't simply bring the device to the store and show the port to the clerk? If the staff is half decent, they will help you find the right one.

id do it but it's for a friend and i already left his house and don't have energy to go to him and then to the store and then back to him xD (the store is close to my house but his house not so much)

10 hours ago, Filingo said:

id do it but it's for a friend and i already left his house and don't have energy to go to him and then to the store and then back to him xD (the store is close to my house but his house not so much)

Then send your friend to the shop! 🤪

But I guess the photo and the diameter you picked should be enough for a good clerk to recognise the right one.

If I'm not wrong, there are universal adapters that takes one plug to another as you need.

My rig:

Case: Chieftec CI-01B-OP "The Cube"

Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H Rev.1

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X

Cooler: ThermalRight Assassin King 120 SE with TF-4 Thermal paste

GPU: NVidia RTX 2070 Super Blower Style (HP OEM)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 2x16

PSU: Itek BD700 DC-to-DC