What VPN do you use?

Flux Azreal

I've been really wanting to get a VPN, but with so many options I've been overwhelmed. Reddit seems to praise PIA but after looking deeper it seems the community is upset since they got acquired by Kape (or something like that) and it's a breach of trust, but I don't know if that's even a concern. I'm scared to ask reddit as I feel there's a lot of ad bots that will immediately recommend nord vpn or some random one, I just want a safe one that doesn't sell your logs, has a kill switch and is pretty reliable.

53 minutes ago, Flux Azreal said:

I've been really wanting to get a VPN, but with so many options I've been overwhelmed. Reddit seems to praise PIA but after looking deeper it seems the community is upset since they got acquired by Kape (or something like that) and it's a breach of trust, but I don't know if that's even a concern. I'm scared to ask reddit as I feel there's a lot of ad bots that will immediately recommend nord vpn or some random one, I just want a safe one that doesn't sell your logs, has a kill switch and is pretty reliable.

Do you plan on streaming high quality video?

5 minutes ago, TheLANguy said:

Do you plan on streaming high quality video?

Nah, I don't care so much for the speed as long as it's usable (20 mbps+)

19 minutes ago, Flux Azreal said:

Nah, I don't care so much for the speed as long as it's usable (20 mbps+)

Well I used to use Express VPN but I found out they might be acquired by Kape Technologies which once was a malware provider.

I switched over to Mullvad since they have a rather clean record. I have also heard good things about windscribe and safing.io's SFN.

Hope this somewhat helps!

3 minutes ago, TheLANguy said:

Well I used to use Express VPN but I found out they might be acquired by Kape Technologies which once was a malware provider.

I switched over to Mullvad since they have a rather clean record. I have also heard good things about windscribe and safing.io's SFN.

Hope this somewhat helps!

Oh god Kape is taking over all these vpn companies, I'll look into Mullvad, thank you for your input I appreciate it!

Just now, Flux Azreal said:

Oh god Kape is taking over all these vpn companies, I'll look into Mullvad, thank you for your input I appreciate it!

I know right! 🫤

Happy to help! 😊

I use Proton VPN because it is very cheap compared to others, $5/month for 2 devices, I only use it for torrenting and so I'm not sure what the max speed is, highest I've seen is 8 mbps.

From my research prior to subbing, it's quiet trustworthy.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

9 hours ago, Dukesilver27- said:

I use Proton VPN because it is very cheap compared to others, $5/month for 2 devices, I only use it for torrenting and so I'm not sure what the max speed is, highest I've seen is 8 mbps.

From my research prior to subbing, it's quiet trustworthy.

Oh really that cheap? I'll look into it too, thanks for your input!

When using Opera then inbuilt VPN, very comfortable and since last version it works actually as advertised.

I edit my posts more often than not

2 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

When using Opera then inbuilt VPN, very comfortable and since last version it works actually as advertised.

Oh a free vpn? I'm a little concerned, companies need to make money from you to keep these services up, so I'm a bit sketpical on how they keep their service up. I'll look into it, thanks for adding this to the list!

13 minutes ago, Flux Azreal said:

Oh a free vpn? I'm a little concerned, companies need to make money from you to keep these services up, so I'm a bit sketpical on how they keep their service up. I'll look into it, thanks for adding this to the list!

I'm about 99% sure it's not the safest VPN, but serves my needs very well.

I edit my posts more often than not

18 hours ago, Flux Azreal said:

What specific purpose do you want to use the VPN for?

A lot of people tend to over-embellish the benefits of consumer VPN services. Are you using it for security? Privacy? circumventing geo restrictions?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

6 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

What specific purpose do you want to use the VPN for?

A lot of people tend to over-embellish the benefits of consumer VPN services. Are you using it for security? Privacy? circumventing geo restrictions?

Hello! I'll mainly be using the VPN for torrenting

59 minutes ago, Flux Azreal said:

Hello! I'll mainly be using the VPN for torrenting

So this would be for privacy then, to mask your IP and personal information?

Yes a VPN in this case would accomplish the job, ASSUMING you can trust them to actually not store logs, etc.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)