I need a new phone.

JordB

Honestly, I feel like with the requirements you given it would be better for you to offer a list of phones that fit that criteria, (all five of them probably) and then have us pick from those, so seeing as you didn't, I'm just going to throw out my suggestion. My wife and friends have used Doogee's for years now and never has one broke. (also, they use the official thickness of gorilla glass as opposed to, gorilla glass 5, but not as thick as its supposed to be) So, try a Doogee V31GT, S100, or v20 Pro. Whichever you like best.

The most techy phone ever unihertz tank 2.

It will allow linux to soack his pants with tech style 

Iphone 15 pro or promax depending on your hand size and budget, and the 256 gig model natural titanium or black titanium

I think pixel 8 pro is a good bet, i want the the best for you! 🥰 (not the funniest tho😁)

Dear Linus,

if you backup your phone over any other protocol but USB, it's almost always faster to do it over the network. The Android MTP sucks and that protocol is so slow that it's a literal bottleneck anyway, unless you're doing it with ADB protocol (faster but really hacky). Meanwhile running the backup over a network would not rely on installing any drivers and it'll work with modern file transfer protocols such as FTPS.

And then there's
Wi-Fi 7, which theoretically transmits up to 46 GBit/s btw, faster than theoretical max speeds of any USB 3.x revisions, losing only to USB4 speeds, which no phones in the market support anyways. Speaking of WiFi 7, only a handful of phones support it right now and an iPhone is not one of them 🙂.

P.S. Pixel 8 and 8 Pro supports WiFi 7

P.P.S. Pixel 8 and 8 Pro lays flat on the table when not wearing a case

Edited by JogerJ

If you found my answer to your post helpful, be sure to react or mark it as solution 😄

Motorola ThinkPhone:

I think you'll enjoy the security centre and permissions manager plus it has some handy productivity functions including:

Sharing a clipboard between a paired computer and the phone

Becoming a USB webcam for a computer

Nice to haves:

Water proof - accidentally tested with my own pool

Dust hardy

Drop resistant - no crazy drops yet but I've dropped it only tiles and concrete a few times and it's still doing strong.

Battery life is solid I get about a day and a half out of it

Phone call quality at least for me has seemed really good.

Clicky tactile buttons

I would recommend a case though because I'm paranoid about doing serious damage and those can be really hard to find.

Hi Linus, 

I would highly suggest looking into the Xperia Professional Lineup of Phones. It's tall, great for media consumption and has good quality cameras.

Xperia PRO 512GB with HDMI input, 360° antenna, 6.5” 4K 120Hz HDR OLED, 5G or

Sony Xperia 1 V the more recent version.

Please look into it. 

Thanks

After watching WAN Show (10/08/23), Linus should just break the rules a bit and review both the Fairphone and the LG Wing

Desktop

Y4M1-II: AMD Ryzen 9-5900X | Asrock RX 6900XT Phantom Gaming D | Gigabyte RTX 4060 low profile | 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro + 4TB 870 EVO + 4TB SanDisk Ultra 3D + 8TB WD Black + 4TB WD Black HDD | Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL-X | Antec ST1000 1000W 80+ Titanium | MSI Optix MAG342CQR | BenQ EW3270U | Kubuntu

-------------------------------

Mobile devices

Kuroneko: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th (Intel i7-10510U | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD)

Zenfone 10 is a great phone, it is small but powerful and just great overall 

Come to the dark side and get an iPhone 15 Pro Max. Tim Apple would love to have Linus (but seriously, a 15 PM would be nice for Linus, especially since he loved iOS 17).

This is an unusual recommendation!! Try Xiaomi 13 Ultra! I think most of your check boxes are ticked!! 

time for framework to make a phone 

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

I wonder how many of these 1 post accounts are just here from the phone manufacturers that they are trying to get Linus to look at. 

Plot twist: iPhone XS Max.

It meets all the qualifications but is really old 🫠

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

On 10/3/2023 at 9:08 PM, JordB said:

Thanks to an unexpected dip in the pool, Linus' trusty Z Fold 3 is out of commission, and he needs YOUR help picking his next phone!

You sould get a nothing phone 2, it has pretty good specs overall.