Video over usb type C

Corduroyew

Motherboard asrock b550 phantom gaming itx/ax

OS Windows 10

cpu ryzen 9 3950x

Video card Gigabyte RTX2060 mini itx oc

display Uperfect 13" 4k portable display

I sometimes use a portable monitor that is capable of getting video and power both from it's USB type c input.  The motherboard I'm using has 2 type C USB 3.1 get 2 ports and is technically capable of outputting a video signal but because I don't have onboard graphics so I can't just plug the monitor into the USB port and have it work and the video card doesn't have a type C port on it so I can't just plug directly into that either.  I'm currently running a usb c cable for power and another (HDMI) cable for video.  I don't like having 2 cables running across my desk and would like to reduce it to 1.

My question is, if I connected one of my video card's DP outputs to the USB C port on the back of my motherboard (I realize that most of these cables only go from type c to dp and not the other way around, but I do have one on hand that can go from dp to type c)  would that feed the video signal back to my motherboard so that I could then simply plug the monitor into the type c port on the front of the computer and get both power and video for my monitor?  Would I damage anything if I tried it?

I realize it's a long shot and I fully expect the answer to be "no, don't do it" but I just thought I would ask.

No, it won't work. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16