AMD FX 6300 "reaches" 206 c°/402.8 °F

Go to solution Solved by frafurio,
update: i pointed a fan on the mosfets at the cpu's left and that does the trick, no more 206 degrees. Apparently the mosfets tend to overheat and that causes the misreading
17 minutes ago, mariushm said:

No, it doesn't go to 206c, it will shut itself down at around 110C ... the sensor is fucked up, or the software you use doesn't read the right value and converts the temperature incorrectly.

Touch the heatsink when the software says it runs at 206c - if that's how it really it, you'd burn your finger and your skin will be left on the metal, you can't physically keep your finger on a metal so hot.

Standard stuff applies... remove your cpu cooler, apply thermal paste, screw down the cpu cooler, make sure it's got decent pressure on the cpu ...

A basic heatsink and a fan (and if the fan doesn't spin, just put a case fan to blow in the direction of the cpu cooler) will keep that fx-6300 below 80c no matter what.

also any component doesn't just snap from one temperature to another , you don't go from 68c to 206c in an instant, there's some thermal mass (the heatsink of your cpu cooler) that acts like a sponge, absorbing some heat, it takes time to go up in temperature and go down, it's not sudden. that alone is an indicator that it's software error.

Hello, 3 days i ago i changed my old motherboard to an msi 760gm-p23 fx.
I added my AMD FX 6300 and my RX 550, yeah yeah i know, old stuff, but that's all i can affoard.

The problem comes when i start up a game, for example gta 5. When the CPU temp sits up to 67°C, the game goes smoothly.
But as soon as the CPU temp goes to 68°C, it automatically goes to 206°C, throttling the performance and making the games run at 16 fps.
Worst thing about it is that it does not stop until i reboot. I can close the game, keep my pc on the desktop so it cools down, but if i reopen the game it will still measure 206.
This has never been an issue with my old motherboard.
Now, of course this is an error in measuring the temperature, otherwise my pc would catch fire. I have searched the internet and apparently this is a common problem with this MoBo, but i can't find any solution.
Is there any way to fix this?

Please refrain from telling me to buy a new MoBo, i am broke af, i don't have more money to spend on this stuff.
I just paid 47 euros for this one wich is what i make in 2 days of work (that's Italy for you)

No, it doesn't go to 206c, it will shut itself down at around 110C ... the sensor is fucked up, or the software you use doesn't read the right value and converts the temperature incorrectly.

Touch the heatsink when the software says it runs at 206c - if that's how it really it, you'd burn your finger and your skin will be left on the metal, you can't physically keep your finger on a metal so hot.

Standard stuff applies... remove your cpu cooler, apply thermal paste, screw down the cpu cooler, make sure it's got decent pressure on the cpu ...

A basic heatsink and a fan (and if the fan doesn't spin, just put a case fan to blow in the direction of the cpu cooler) will keep that fx-6300 below 80c no matter what.

also any component doesn't just snap from one temperature to another , you don't go from 68c to 206c in an instant, there's some thermal mass (the heatsink of your cpu cooler) that acts like a sponge, absorbing some heat, it takes time to go up in temperature and go down, it's not sudden. that alone is an indicator that it's software error.

update: i pointed a fan on the mosfets at the cpu's left and that does the trick, no more 206 degrees. Apparently the mosfets tend to overheat and that causes the misreading
17 minutes ago, mariushm said: