PSU-Tier list with ATX 3.0?

Melodist

Couldn't find anything that includes the new power supplies.

Should I go with single or multi rail for 13th / 14th Gen Intel 13600k upwards.

Also, in whatever newer on mentionings I found, be quiet's pure power isn't listed.

1 minute ago, Melodist said:

Lots of new ATX 3.0 power supplies are missing though?

Yup, but that list seems the best they currently have.

I edit my posts more often than not

2 minutes ago, Melodist said:

Lots of new ATX 3.0 power supplies are missing though?

These things are community-maintained - no one's paid to update them, so if they're especially recent it'll take a bit.

Can anyone tell me why they classify the Be Quite Pure Power with ATX 3.0 as EOL?

1 hour ago, Melodist said:

Should I go with single or multi rail for 13th / 14th Gen Intel 13600k upwards.

Always go multi rail if possible. "Single rail" is just the marketing way of saying that they cut corners on the protections by omitting multi rail OCP on the 12V rail. Gullible people unfortunately fall for it, and some of those even think it's better. 

27 minutes ago, Melodist said:

Can anyone tell me why they classify the Be Quite Pure Power with ATX 3.0 as EOL?

Does it matter? If you're curious about a specific PSU, just read a review on it. 

https://hwbusters.com/psus/be-quiet-pure-power-12-m-850w-psu-review/

If you want to compare a handful of PSUs, you can also just ask about those specifically. 

:)

Are there any power supplies with ATX 3.0 that are compatible with 12V-2x6 and can be purchased right now? What PSU should I buy? I need to finish my setup in 3 days.

All I see, besides Corsair RMx and Be Quite 12, still have that 12VHPWR connector. 

However that Sidepanel the RMx sports isn't an option for me and the regular version isn't ATX 3.0 compatible yet as it seems.

So it's only Be Quiet?

Seems to be the only PSUs with that compatibility are the Be Quiet Pure Power and RMx?

4 hours ago, Melodist said:

Seems to be the only PSUs with that compatibility are the Be Quiet Pure Power and RMx?

Source?

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu

4 hours ago, Ralf said:

Source?

Most of them still have the 12VHPWR besides Corsair and Be Quiet which are officially 3.0 certified.

Is there a list of 2.3 ones which are 3.0 compatible but not officially certified?

8 minutes ago, Melodist said:

Is there a list of 2.3 ones which are 3.0 compatible but not officially certified?

Where do you see a list of ATX 3.0 "certified" list by the way? I only have seen official certification list by efficiency.

Edit: Ah, there is a problem with the certification I see - https://www.cclonline.com/article/2123/News/Power-Supplies/ATX-3-0-PSUs-Explained-Will-You-Need-One-/#the-atx-30-certification-problem

By the way list of some ATX 3.0 compatible PSUs is listed - https://cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/

I don't think are's any psu out the that has 12V-2x6 soldered on the PCB instead of 12VHPWR, wait for RMx(2024)

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu

1 hour ago, Tan3l6 said:

Where do you see a list of ATX 3.0 "certified" list by the way? I only have seen official certification list by efficiency.

Edit: Ah, there is a problem with the certification I see - https://www.cclonline.com/article/2123/News/Power-Supplies/ATX-3-0-PSUs-Explained-Will-You-Need-One-/#the-atx-30-certification-problem

By the way list of some ATX 3.0 compatible PSUs is listed - https://cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/

The list isn't complete and very small because there are a bunch of new ones certified missing and not yet tested and on the list, which says 3.0 compatible, only the RMx and RMe are 2x6 compatible the rest has the 12VHPWR. 

https://www.corsair.com/de/en/p/psu/cp-9020259-eu/hx1000i-fully-modular-ultra-low-noise-platinum-atx-1000-watt-pc-power-supply-cp-9020259-eu

But then the question is whether the old version was already compatible:

https://www.corsair.com/de/en/p/psu/cp-9020214-eu/hx1000i-fully-modular-ultra-low-noise-platinum-atx-1000-watt-pc-power-supply-eu

Here's another one that isn't on the list: 

https://www.corsair.com/de/de/p/psu/cp-9020246-eu/sf-l-series-sf1000l-fully-modular-low-noise-sfx-power-supply-cp-9020246-eu

Corsair's website is horrible though, I'm getting better results from my price listing site and links than theirs lol.

The list is misleading because most of them have the 12VHPWR and that is not an option, only the RMe, RMx and Be Quiet Pure Power 12 are 3.0 certified and don't have that stupid 12VHPWR.

The ones I found above aren't even on the list.

There is only one EVGA PSU left on the German market 🤧

I really want to get the Pure Power, it has a great price, great reviews, is ATX 3.0 compatible with the upcoming new connector but doesn't have no fan mode and no Japanese capacitors.

https://hwbusters.com/psus/how-to-select-a-new-psu-now-with-the-12vhpwr-upcoming-change/

The thing is I have to order today because I have to put my build together in 3 days.

-= Topics Merged =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

6 hours ago, Melodist said:

The list is misleading because most of them have the 12VHPWR and that is not an option, only the RMe, RMx and Be Quiet Pure Power 12 are 3.0 certified and don't have that stupid 12VHPWR.

Why is the 12VHPWR not an option?

6 hours ago, Melodist said:

I really want to get the Pure Power, it has a great price, great reviews, is ATX 3.0 compatible with the upcoming new connector but doesn't have no fan mode and no Japanese capacitors.

https://hwbusters.com/psus/how-to-select-a-new-psu-now-with-the-12vhpwr-upcoming-change/

I'm confused, you say that Pure Power 12 doesn't have 12VHPWR, but their site says it has one.

Then you say the Pure Power is the only psu compatible with the new connector, meanwhile the article you linked says that the socket on the PSU modular panels have to change for 12V-2x6 to be fully compatible.

13 hours ago, Melodist said:

If you mean semi-passive... that is a useless feature. I have that on 3 PSU and don't use it since the fan is inaudible at low speed anyway. Especially if you have any other fans. And IMHO no electronics should have zero airflow. We don't do that with cases, CPU and GPU. Why would it be good for PSU? IMHO it is a gimmick.

On the caps... no idea if that is better or not. But reputable brand with 10 year warranty likely uses quality caps. And if you want long capacitor life, then the no-fan operation makes even less sense.

AMD 9 7900 + Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

Seasonic Focus Plus 550W Platinum

W11 Pro

6 hours ago, Ralf said:

Why is the 12VHPWR not an option?

I'm confused, you say that Pure Power 12 doesn't have 12VHPWR, but their site says it has one.

Then you say the Pure Power is the only psu compatible with the new connector, meanwhile the article you linked says that the socket on the PSU modular panels have to change for 12V-2x6 to be fully compatible.

12VHPWR of current PSUs will be replaced by a new one and some PSUs can just then get an adapter.

Exactly, I mean it's partly compatible without the protection that new PSUs will offer.

Interesting video on the topic ( Is the 12V-2×6 Connector part of the ATX v3.1 standard? At least Techpowerup news indicates that )

35 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Interesting video on the topic ( Is the 12V-2×6 Connector part of the ATX v3.1 standard? At least Techpowerup news indicates that )

That's why I purchased a Corsair PSU without a 3.0 EOL connector.

I went for the Corsair HX1000i which is a platinum PSU because I found a great deal for 200 Euro and the Shift RMX has the stupid shifted panel, is Gold rated and 180 Euro. Both are ATX 3.0 rated and don't have that now redundant connector.

https://www.corsair.com/de/de/p/psu/cp-9020259-eu/hx1000i-fully-modular-ultra-low-noise-platinum-atx-1000-watt-pc-power-supply-cp-9020259-eu

12 hours ago, Melodist said:

That's why I purchased a Corsair PSU without a 3.0 EOL connector.

I went for the Corsair HX1000i which is a platinum PSU because I found a great deal for 200 Euro and the Shift RMX has the stupid shifted panel, is Gold rated and 180 Euro. Both are ATX 3.0 rated and don't have that now redundant connector.

https://www.corsair.com/de/de/p/psu/cp-9020259-eu/hx1000i-fully-modular-ultra-low-noise-platinum-atx-1000-watt-pc-power-supply-cp-9020259-eu

That's a nice PSU, I wanted one too. But unfortunately the Texas Instruments IC in it makes an audible noise switching from burst mode to LLC, basically it clicks at idle/low loads.

19 hours ago, Ralf said:

That's a nice PSU, I wanted one too. But unfortunately the Texas Instruments IC in it makes an audible noise switching from burst mode to LLC, basically it clicks at idle/low loads.

Is there any quality difference between Type 4 and the new 5 cables?

• 1 month later...

The MSI MAG AxxxGL (for example A850GL) series PSUs seem to already have the new 12V 2x6 connector which is even labeled as such on the PSU itself.
https://www.msi.com/news/detail/MSI-Welcomes-the-latest-ATX-3-0-power-supply-142000

The
se PSUs have been announced back in June. Unfortunately, as far as I understand they are more of a budget option and I can't really find any reviews for them.

msimaga850gl12V2x6.PNG

27 minutes ago, DUDSS said:

The MSI MAG AxxxGL (for example A850GL) series PSUs seem to already have the new 12V 2x6 connector which is even labeled as such on the PSU itself.
https://www.msi.com/news/detail/MSI-Welcomes-the-latest-ATX-3-0-power-supply-142000

The
se PSUs have been announced back in June. Unfortunately, as far as I understand they are more of a budget option and I can't really find any reviews for them.

msimaga850gl12V2x6.PNG

The MSI MAG A-GL has a CWT GPX platform upgraded to ATX3.0. The requirements of ATX3,0 are a lot higher than ATX2.x, especially the protection features. I expect this unit to be Tier A. The quality is comparable to the be quiet! Pure Power 12M. The units comes with a 7 year warranty so MSI has a great believe in this PSU. Here's a review.