Vr on an igpu desktop?

Snowarch

I tried this. Game only renders on the desktop not in the headset. I was able to pull up the desktop inside the headset and see beatsaber opened, but not interact(it treats my vr headset like a mouse) i wouldnt mind low resolution. And slow gameplay. Headsets a vive. 

main rig:

CPU: 8086k @ 4.00ghz-4.3 boost

PSU: 750 watt psu gold (Corsair rm750)

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

Mobo: Z390 taichi ultimate

Ram: 2x8gb corsair vengence lpx @3000mhz speed

case: focus G black

Cooler: mugen 5 rev b,

Storage: 860 evo 1tb/ 120 gb corsair force nvme 500

backup

8gb ram celeron laptop/860 evo 500gb

Interesting, to be honest I don't really have experience with VR setups but I mean have you tried like setting up optimal settings for the IGPU like putting it to best perfomace bla bla pretty much maximaze performance? I mean if you're looking for a budget solution putting in a separate GPU wouldn't hurt like a maybe even 3060 although depends on your budget but if you are prioritizing money then a 1650 1660 or even a 2060 should be enough for basic VR

Although your problems rather seem like an incorrectly set inputs/output devices. Try seeing if you can properly align them and if it fixes it. Hope this helps

1 hour ago, ItsDestini said:

Although your problems rather seem like an incorrectly set inputs/output devices. Try seeing if you can properly align them and if it fixes it. Hope this helps

I don't understand. My setup is a desktop that has a vga and an hdmi port. I use a vga for my monitor and an hdmi for my headset. Both use the igpu. But no games will render on headset. I was mostly curious if this was even possible to play on an igpu. No nvidia card or amd or arc in the system. 

main rig:

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

backup

1 hour ago, Snowarch said:

I use a vga for my monitor and an hdmi for my headset. Both use the igpu. 

I don't know if this is possible either, however on many boards you must enable multi-display for the igpu in the BIOS before you can use more than one output. Have you done / tried this?

6 hours ago, OhioYJ said:

I don't know if this is possible either, however on many boards you must enable multi-display for the igpu in the BIOS before you can use more than one output. Have you done / tried this?

Yes i have. I can get picture inside the steam vr void, and see my desktop but games wont natively rum on the headset. They simply get stuck at "up next" and show on desktop instead. Mostly was just cueious if this would work. 

main rig:

backup