Rx 6700 xt xfx 309 no display

Ok so basically i got my rx 6700 xt from my uncle he told me that he couldnt get it to work after doing a little troubleshooting he didnt really have a need for it so he gave it to me

the Problem is that there is no display AT ALL when i insert the hdmi cable screen turns fully black and then gives the no input signal box onscreen saying that there is nothing plugged in basically fans are spinning and there is no led that gives any errors i have swapped it out for my own powercolor rx 6600 and that works perfectly 

The rig consists of:

Cpu: i5 10400f

Mobo: Z490 a Pro

16GB Ram 

Cv 550 corsair psu ( i know its to weak for the graphics card but it should atleast give me some kind of display right?)

Your power supply is not a high enough wattage, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the issue causing it to not display at all.

When it's plugged in does it boot to windows and you hear the sound but have no display?

I just tested it out again and i can hear the startup sound of windows

Your card is supposed to have a dual BIOS switch. Try flipping it to the other BIOS and see if it helps. The switch is a tiny slider near the power connectors.

Good luck !

• 2 months later...

Can it be that my rx 6700 xt swift 309 doesn't work because I'm only using one pci E cable?