Computer Problems

WoodShedWonder

Okay, so I went to overclock my cpu, and I was using Ryzen master, and was just planning on a very small, and safe over clock. I have a Ryzen 9 5950x, 750W PSU, B450 ASUS Motherboard, RTX 2070, 32GB of Ram. Basically computer started to run a stress test, AIO didn’t recognize CPU was at cutoff range for temperature, PC shut off. Now the PC won’t turn on, everything plugged in the back IO work and get power, but it looks like everything else on the motherboard gets now power, when I click the power button on the case the power supply will click like it’s turning on but there is no post or anything. I was wondering if I fried a VRAM or power delivery in some way, and I know there’s a slight chance that RAM or CPU could be fried, but just reaching out to see if anyone has advice on what is going on.

26 minutes ago, WoodShedWonder said:

Okay, so I went to overclock my cpu, and I was using Ryzen master, and was just planning on a very small, and safe over clock. I have a Ryzen 9 5950x, 750W PSU, B450 ASUS Motherboard, RTX 2070, 32GB of Ram. Basically computer started to run a stress test, AIO didn’t recognize CPU was at cutoff range for temperature, PC shut off. Now the PC won’t turn on, everything plugged in the back IO work and get power, but it looks like everything else on the motherboard gets now power, when I click the power button on the case the power supply will click like it’s turning on but there is no post or anything. I was wondering if I fried a VRAM or power delivery in some way, and I know there’s a slight chance that RAM or CPU could be fried, but just reaching out to see if anyone has advice on what is going on.

If it was the RAM it would post right? If there are signs of power, then its probably the CPU.

Omg, it's a signature!

32 minutes ago, WoodShedWonder said:

Unplug the PSU from the wall, open your computer, locate the CMOS battery (roundcell type) and carefully remove it. Then hit the power button of your case several times and wait 5 to 10 minutes before putting it back in. That way you will discharge the motherboard and reset the OC, which at the moment is still active. What did you set for OC on that CPU? Do you have a 360 or 420 mm AIO? A Ryzen 9 5950X with a mild boost if you will may end up almost doubling the power drawn. Two things that are very important here and critical: Thermals and the motherboard's VRM. Did you check if it was powerful enough for that job? For OC on 12+ cores you want X470, X570 or decent enough B series boards (check in depth reviews on those, regarding power delivery. I do hope you can get the system back up and running, if not, I'd bet on the motherboard being at fault, rather than the CPU. The CPU can handle quite a bit and won't just die unless the motherboard somehow damaged it. The system shutting down though is a good sign, means the boards protection mechanism worked.