Boot screen with a very low resolution at random times

alvez
Go to solution Solved by Robchil,
4 minutes ago, alvez said:

I found it to be kinda funny but intriguing as this never happened before, even with this same monitor..
My BIOS SETUP was always at a lower res, but the boot loading was on like 640 x 480 stretched.

Odd isnt it?

Odd never answered.. neither did Even..  they are names here.. 

different hardware react different to how it solves displaying lower resolutions. 

as long as it loads into windows, and you can access bios if you want to, i wouldn't worry. 

you might look into auto fit settings on your monitor tho. if it bothers you too much. 

Hello everyone,

Basically yesterday I upgraded my GPU to a 4070.

Made the connection with a display port that I had previously to get my 240hz screen going.

After a Clean install I started installing the drivers so first went the ones for the chipset, all good.

It requested me to restart, which I did.

Then when booting up it showed me the MSI boot image but really really downscaled to a very low resolution, which I found odd.

After that, windows login screen popped up and it was on native and working as it should. So did gaming and everything.

Did some search but couldn't find much.

After some troubleshooting it sometimes would do the boot load with a low res and sometimes would just be native as it should?

Well, I don't know of my screen could be the one giving me this bug because I did turn it of and then on and proceeded to restart my PC sometimes to see if I could reproduce it and I guess it went away?

Could really my screen be bugging? Interesting.

Shoot your thoughts!

| Case: Cooler Master Elite 371 | Cpu: i5 4690K @ 4.20 GHz | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 |

| Gpu: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 | SSD: Crucial MX100 256 GB | HDD: Samsung 128GB Ram: Kingston 8GB DDR3 1333MHz | 

| Screen: Benq XL2411Z | Mouse: Logitech G 403 | Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK+ NiP Edition | Keyboard: Steelseries 6GV2 | Headset: Kingston Hyper X Cloud |

1 hour ago, alvez said:

Hello everyone,

Basically yesterday I upgraded my GPU to a 4070.

Made the connection with a display port that I had previously to get my 240hz screen going.

After a Clean install I started installing the drivers so first went the ones for the chipset, all good.

It requested me to restart, which I did.

Then when booting up it showed me the MSI boot image but really really downscaled to a very low resolution, which I found odd.

After that, windows login screen popped up and it was on native and working as it should. So did gaming and everything.

Did some search but couldn't find much.

After some troubleshooting it sometimes would do the boot load with a low res and sometimes would just be native as it should?

Well, I don't know of my screen could be the one giving me this bug because I did turn it of and then on and proceeded to restart my PC sometimes to see if I could reproduce it and I guess it went away?

Could really my screen be bugging? Interesting.

Shoot your thoughts!

by default, all bios and load screens are low resolution. 

if you go in search/run and type in cmd and hit enter you get a dos box.. that are about the size of what your screen actually shows.. it just blows it up to fit the screen. 

first after loading drivers it will flip to supported resolutions. 

12 minutes ago, Robchil said:

by default, all bios and load screens are low resolution. 

if you go in search/run and type in cmd and hit enter you get a dos box.. that are about the size of what your screen actually shows.. it just blows it up to fit the screen. 

first after loading drivers it will flip to supported resolutions. 

I found it to be kinda funny but intriguing as this never happened before, even with this same monitor..
My BIOS SETUP was always at a lower res, but the boot loading was on like 640 x 480 stretched.

Odd isnt it?

| Case: Cooler Master Elite 371 | Cpu: i5 4690K @ 4.20 GHz | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 |

| Gpu: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 | SSD: Crucial MX100 256 GB | HDD: Samsung 128GB Ram: Kingston 8GB DDR3 1333MHz | 

| Screen: Benq XL2411Z | Mouse: Logitech G 403 | Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK+ NiP Edition | Keyboard: Steelseries 6GV2 | Headset: Kingston Hyper X Cloud |

4 minutes ago, alvez said:

Odd isnt it?

different hardware react different to how it solves displaying lower resolutions. 

as long as it loads into windows, and you can access bios if you want to, i wouldn't worry. 

you might look into auto fit settings on your monitor tho. if it bothers you too much. 

16 minutes ago, Robchil said:

Was mainly curious, as everything runs smooth. WOn't budge much tbh. Thanks for your input!