No free win 11 update?

PcBeExpensive

The title says it all, I should have a free windows 11 update. I'm currently on windows 10  and the free update is not showing in the settings where it is supposed to show. I have made sure my system is compatible with win 11 and done everything but it still doesn't show. 

Thanks in advance

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

It kind of shows up randomly in the next couple of days. I've updated a few fresh Win10 license re-installs to Win11 in the past year.

Just do the PC Health Check thing and then you'll randomly have the option in the coming days.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

22 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

I have made sure my system is compatible with win 11 and done everything but it still doesn't show.

Secure boot and TPM enabled in BIOS?

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Like the one guy said, secure boot and TPM need to be enabled to be able to do the free upgrade.

That said I hate those features since it fks over people that want to use linux or dual boot it. This wouldn't be part of the free upgrade (with there being workarounds for that) but if you use rufus to download and create the install usb you can disable those requirements, as well as create an offline local account.

Also it's possible the free upgrade might not be available anymore. Don't quote me on that, I just remember that for Windows 8.1 to 10 there was a 1 year time limit for that free upgrade.

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

7 hours ago, Skipple said:

Have you done the PC Health Check thing? Windows fully up to date?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11?r=1#pchealthcheck

7 hours ago, saintlouisbagels said:

It kind of shows up randomly in the next couple of days. I've updated a few fresh Win10 license re-installs to Win11 in the past year.

Just do the PC Health Check thing and then you'll randomly have the option in the coming days.

7 hours ago, Eigenvektor said:

Secure boot and TPM enabled in BIOS?

5 hours ago, Inception9269 said:

Like the one guy said, secure boot and TPM need to be enabled to be able to do the free upgrade.

That said I hate those features since it fks over people that want to use linux or dual boot it. This wouldn't be part of the free upgrade (with there being workarounds for that) but if you use rufus to download and create the install usb you can disable those requirements, as well as create an offline local account.

Also it's possible the free upgrade might not be available anymore. Don't quote me on that, I just remember that for Windows 8.1 to 10 there was a 1 year time limit for that free upgrade.

Secure boot and TPM are both enabled. Windows is up to date but I will do the PC health test thingy. I think I have already done it but I'm not sure so I will do it again.

EDIT: It finally showed up! Downloading it now. Thanks for the help guys.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)