Data Migration Fail - Wiped the management table(?) of Windows boot drive

Andster29

I feel like I have done the stupidest thing ever. I was trying to do some data migration from my desktop's boot drive to a laptop so that I could then back it up. The drive I was trying to backup to is an m.2 SSD that I have laying around. The only way I could use this drive is in a m.2 to USB C carrier. The boot drive on me desktop is also m.2 so the plan was to put the desktop drive in to the carrier, move the files to my laptop then move them onto the extra drive as my desktop has no USB C ports. When I put the hooked the desktop boot drive to my laptop, it showed up in Windows, but was not initialized. So I initialized it thinking Windows just needed to recognize the drive correctly. I didn't format it, just a initialization. This appears to have messed up my partitions and boot sector as something felt up so I stopped there. Tried putting the drive back in my desktop as I would try a different method and everything was missing. 

In the process I have used Linux and Testdisk to take an image of the drive and it looks like all the data is still there and the 3 correct partitions are there. Haven't figured out how to write this image to anything yet or correctly rebuild the drive. At least I have an image of the drive? 

I don't know if anyone else has any other ideas or possible fixes that I can try?