GSkill support threw away my RAM sticks. What can I do?

PrismSync

I'm not entirely sure if this post belongs to this subforum, but I'm really upset and maybe someone could give me some opinions on what's next.

The story is quite simple:

• I sent back a set of 4 RAM sticks to GSkills for an RMA.
  • I packed them with a piece of cardboard folded in a zig-zag way (see picture) - might have been an unwise move :' )
  • The staff member who opened the inbound package apparently only saw 2 sticks on one side, and threw away the other 2 with the package.
  • They claimed that only 2 were received, and returned me 2 sticks, refusing to compensate for the other 2. They kept asking for invoices, and then no longer responded to my email at all.

I'm lucky enough to have a picture of this package, and even a recording from my home security camera of the whole process when I packed it. They clearly show that I packed all 4 instead of only 2 RAM sticks in it. But this is no courtroom, and if they refuse, this evidence doesn't help. 

And...asking for an invoice is fair, but asking for it only when something went wrong on their end makes me feel differently. If they accepted the RAM request without an invoice and even returned 2 sticks to me, that means they approved the warranty eligibility. The authenticity of the ram sticks should have been easy to check.  Invoice feels like an excuse to not compensate for the loss.

PIC_20230905115418.jpg.70599053ca8c9ec7e94faeae007d2cc0.jpg

IMG_20230819_124107.thumb.jpg.55393b3413e0122418821aedc182c93c.jpg

5 minutes ago, PrismSync said:

But this is no courtroom, and if they refuse, this evidence doesn't help. 

I would be very surprised if this evidence doesn't help. If in your contact with GSkill you are to provide video evidence of you packing 4 RAM sticks, I would be shocked if they wouldn't be able to accept that. 

Hell, you even drew a diagram for them. What else did they need? 

5 minutes ago, PrismSync said:

They kept asking for invoices, and then no longer responded to my email at all.

I'm not sure what this means. What invoice are they looking for?

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

1 hour ago, Skipple said:

I would be very surprised if this evidence doesn't help. If in your contact with GSkill you are to provide video evidence of you packing 4 RAM sticks, I would be shocked if they wouldn't be able to accept that. 

Hell, you even drew a diagram for them. What else did they need? 

I'm not sure what this means. What invoice are they looking for?

Thanks for your reply Skipple!

Yeah, I think it's clear to them that I sent 4, regardless of whether they admit they made a mistake.

The invoice is referring to the original purchase invoice. I dont have it anymore because the amazon account I bought it with was registered with my high school email, and it's been decommissioned.

I mean, at the very least, if they decline warranty due to missing invoice, they should send back the original 4 I returned, right? I cant even get them back now.

14 hours ago, PrismSync said:

!

proof of purchase is a pretty darn important thing, if you are unable to prove it, they can deny service and still charge you(happend to me twice), as for only 2 sticks coming back, i don't know about that. perhaps reddit can give you some better advice on what to do, it a more diverse place. maybe there is some help from your government you can get (just guessing here), the chances are low but if there is any help to get, it almost guarantees some form of compensation.

15 hours ago, Skipple said:

I would be shocked if they wouldn't be able to accept that. 

apart from Samsung, almost every time i have contacted a company for any purpose has been a total and utter nightmare, even in the best of circumstances. so this does not surprise me, i have had companies telling me i never even sent the product to them.

On 9/6/2023 at 3:31 AM, planetary problem said:

proof of purchase is a pretty darn important thing, if you are unable to prove it, they can deny service and still charge you(happend to me twice), as for only 2 sticks coming back, i don't know about that. perhaps reddit can give you some better advice on what to do, it a more diverse place. maybe there is some help from your government you can get (just guessing here), the chances are low but if there is any help to get, it almost guarantees some form of compensation.

apart from Samsung, almost every time i have contacted a company for any purpose has been a total and utter nightmare, even in the best of circumstances. so this does not surprise me, i have had companies telling me i never even sent the product to them.

Yeah... it's fair to ask for an invoice in this case, but I'm hoping they should at least return me the 4 "not working" sticks if they are rejecting the warranty. Unlikely to happen though, given they havent been replying me emails in more than a week...